• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Terrorists are now jumping in the streets!

JBURGII

imported post

I have read Brady alert e-mails.. they spout propaganda, have no e-mail link and always ask for money 3-5 times per alert..

Rev. J

mkl

imported post

SilentKTexan wrote:
But there was a study by the American Enterprise Institute. Their conclusion was that there is a correlation between terrorist attacks in the streets and gun ownership.

It's not a radical idea and in fact it is common sense. Why would someone that wants to kill thousands of people come into an area where they know many potential victims are also carrying.

Israel has a lot of people on the streets with guns. That doesn't stop suicide bombers. Maybe they aren't as afraid of being shot when they are about to blow themselves up?
I 100% agree that active shooter types who want to kill a lot of people are going to gun free zones, but terrorist who aren't afraid to die?

The threat of terrorism in America seems pretty overblown for the most part. Just a big scary boogey man to keep people scared and not paying attention to the really scary thing in the world....government.

Tomahawk

imported post

SilentKTexan wrote:
Thanks to the Brady Campaign the terrorists are planning an attack on our soil.

Uh, wtf are you talking about?

excuse-me-wtf-demotivational-poster.jpg

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mkl wrote:
SilentKTexan wrote:
But there was a study by the American Enterprise Institute. Their conclusion was that there is a correlation between terrorist attacks in the streets and gun ownership.

It's not a radical idea and in fact it is common sense. Why would someone that wants to kill thousands of people come into an area where they know many potential victims are also carrying.

Israel has a lot of people on the streets with guns. That doesn't stop suicide bombers. Maybe they aren't as afraid of being shot when they are about to blow themselves up?
I 100% agree that active shooter types who want to kill a lot of people are going to gun free zones, but terrorist who aren't afraid to die?

The threat of terrorism in America seems pretty overblown for the most part. Just a big scary boogey man to keep people scared and not paying attention to the really scary thing in the world....government.
+1,000,000

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Right, because the fear of terrorists is used to scare us into taking our rights back, rather than giving them up. :quirky

Have fun with that line of reasoning. :p

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

SilentKTexan wrote:
Hey, it's one of the many. It isn't very logical but it passes the "could be possible, makes sense" test.

We haven't gotten back our rights by simply stating the obvious, that they are in the constitution.

I think what his sarcasm implied is that the fear of the fabricated "terrorist" threat is used to take away our rights. Exactly how would you manage to turn that around and use it to resort rights?

Tomahawk

imported post

SilentKTexan wrote:
Well if we have to use scare tactics just to retain our rights spelled out for us in the constitution then so be it.

Wow, your posts just get better and better. Lying and fear-mongering for freedom.

Kind of like killing for peace or F'ing for virginity.

mkl

imported post

SilentKTexan wrote:
I'm starting to wonder why you are even on a site like this. You have twisted my posts to attack them..
Sometimes you have to use any means necessary to regain your rights. .... But I still can legally own my gun and the patriot act had no affect on me.

I think the problem you are encountering is that some people on this board aren't just pro-guns, they are pro-freedom and liberty in a variety of areas. It seems your thread hit a pocket of them, me included. To me, it is antithetical to freedom to suggest that laws restricting freedoms are good, as long as they don't take MY guns or effect ME.

Your original post hit a hot button with me for the overt fear mongering that is typically used by people like the Brady campaign. I can understand wanting to try and use their tactics against them, but I won't do it. I have enough reasons to show that owning guns are good without resorting to "Brady is helping terrorists kill us!OMG".

That being said, previous posts probably came out too harshly, don't take it too personally. We're all on different paths toward understanding freedom and liberty, and sometimes the people who are further ahead just get a little frustrated that everyone hasn't fully caught on yet.