• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to disarm in Carmax...

KnightSG7

imported post

I was looking around at some different cars yesterday and decided to go to Carmax to see what they had to offer.

So I get into the doors and before I could say anything one of the salesmen pops out and starts with the whole " Is that a GUN?!:what:"

I replied with "Yes, it is....why?"

"Ohh you cant have that in here!!!!!!"

So I left and was not very happy with him, but as I was leaving I heard him say "If you left it at home the fear would be gone!"

I don't know.....my question is...Has anyone had a problem at Carmax?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

I have ODd every time I've been at CarMax without incident.

I think that it might have been beneficial to ask to speak to the manager at that point. The salesman may have been expressing a personal view not consistent with policy.

Ignorance masquerading as fear is a terrible thing. :uhoh:

Yata hey

KnightSG7

imported post

The manager was standing behind him not saying a word..... I really just left because I didnt like being in a business where they do not care about my rights.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Which Carmax was this?

When I am out and about I will make it a point to stop in there. Thinking about a newer truck anyway.

Yata hey

richarcm

imported post

my friend is a salesman at that location. I know he wouldn't have cared. Seems I've heard a story about troubles at carmax before...maybe the west broad store....??

KnightSG7

imported post

Yeah!, I'm sorry I get W broad and Midlothian confused sometimes..it was the bigger one at Wbroad... and I just called them and that in fact was NOT the manager behind him. I spoke with a manager and they said it really depends on if the salesman is comfortable.

hsmith

imported post

KnightSG7 wrote:
Yeah!, I'm sorry I get W broad and Midlothian confused sometimes..it was the bigger one at Wbroad... and I just called them and that in fact was NOT the manager behind him. I spoke with a manager and they said it really depends on if the salesman is comfortable.
I guess the salesman doesn't really care if he has food on his plate or not!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

KnightSG7 wrote:
So the manager is not managing very well is he/she? :(

Yata hey

KnightSG7

imported post

Guess not...... Guess ill just stick with my high payments and my Mustang for a while.......plus I have my Springfield XD sticker on the back that I dont want to have to get rid of..

builtjeep

imported post

If you feel like taking a drive, check out Basic Auto Sales on rt. 1 in ashland. It's a few miles north of Greentop (yet another reason to head that way). I OC'd on all three of my visits there, the finance guy and I sat and talked guns for a while, and I wound up buying an 02 f-350. They usually have many trucks to choose from.

Mike