• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NoVA VCDL Meeting

nova

imported post

Thanks to Agent19's post that reminded me of the meeting tomorrow evening.

Looks like I'll be unable to attend the pre-meeting meetup at the secret location due to class, but I'll probably come straight to the meeting from campus if I can. Not that anyone gives a hoot about me showing, just saying.

tag

imported post

nova wrote:

Looks like I'll be unable to attend the pre-meeting meetup at the secret location due to class, but I'll probably come straight to the meeting from campus if I can. Not that anyone gives a hoot about me showing, just saying.
I'll probably be there. Can someone PM me the secret location of the pre-meeting meet up? I may decide to show up there sometime in the future.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Second meeting in a row I have to miss, but it's critical to attend an informational meeting for parents of students with intellectual disabilities. All funding for subsidized employment for those individuals has been cut, and as you might imagine this is an issue of critical importance to me.

Fairfax County didn't ask me before scheduling the meeting for the 22nd.

tag

imported post

t11spanner wrote:
Who, what, where, when????

Remember guys, I am new to the area.

Carl
http://www.vcdl.org/static/meetings.html

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]01/22/09 - Mason District Gov't Ctr - Lg Conf Room
7:30-9:30
[/font]

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Meeting Schedule (Unless Otherwise Noted Above):
[/font]
[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] [/font]
  • [font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][*] 7:30 - 8:00 pm -- Informal Gathering [*] 8:00 - 9:30 pm -- Meeting [*] 9:30 - ?? pm -- Informal Gathering at a Local Restaurant [/font]
[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Mason District Governmental Center
6507 Columbia Pike
Annandale, VA 22003
Google maps link (click)
[/font]
[/font]

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

t11spanner wrote:
Damn!

I do not end duty until 9p.

I guess I can just make the dinner afterwards and introduce myself to everyone!!!

Welcome!!!!

(sly grin) Have you been briefed yet on the rule that the new guy buys a drink for everybody at one of the tables?

Honest truth. Surprised no one's mentioned it yet. Really. ;)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

t11spanner wrote:
I do not mind treating!

If it breaks the ice!

PM the location, I will be there as soon as I get off duty!

Carl

:) There is no such rule. Don't be too willing to treat with this crowd. They're good folks. You could leave your wallet laying around at a VCDL meeting, but offeringto buydrinks is a whole different story!! (Non-alcoholic drinks is what I am talking about, of course.)

Usually around 9:30pm the VCDL meeting will break up and after restacking chairs and so forth agood number of people will head to the Fuddruckers restaurant atColumbia Pike and Backlick Rd inAnnandale. Its literally the next to last block at the far western end of ColumbiaPike.

nova

imported post

tag wrote:
nova wrote:

I'll probably be there. Can someone PM me the secret location of the pre-meeting meet up? I may decide to show up there sometime in the future.
Sending PM.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nova wrote:
tag wrote:
nova wrote:

Sending PM.
Already tol' him. See the post just above. No PM needed. The after-meeting location is rather public knowledge.

tag

imported post

Citizen wrote:
nova wrote:
tag wrote:
nova wrote:

Sending PM.
Already tol' him. See the post just above. No PM needed. The after-meeting location is rather public knowledge.
He sent me the pre-meeting location :)

tsannicolas

imported post

Looks like I'll be able to make this meeting, see you all there.

also is the secret meeting place still the same?

if not please pm me the location :D

nova

imported post

tsannicolas wrote:

Location is the same :)

tag

imported post

tsannicolas wrote:

Sent

Edit: Oops, mixed you up with another poster. My bad.