• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Women--BEAUTIFUL WOMEN!--and Guns

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Pamiam wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Pamiam wrote:
Gator5713 wrote:
Oh, to get back on topic....

I know a handful of BEAUTIFUL women that can out shoot me! There is nothing sexier than a beautiful, confident woman, other than a beautiful confident woman with a gun!
:D

Guys with a gun AND A BRAINCELL are sexy, too! :p

Well, that makes my day. I've got two brain cells. :)
Two! Awesome! Can you rub them together? :p

:D:D:D:D:D

I won't answer thaton the first date. :p

Pamiam

imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
Pamiam wrote:

Like him, I have two brain cells, but I can't rub them together. They're a couple of feet away from eachother most of the time.

HAHAH :what:
snicker.gif

40s-and-wfan

imported post

Pamiam wrote:
40s&wfan wrote:
Pamiam wrote:
That's hardly an open door to "get to know you". You offered your own judgment criteria up front, damn those first impressions. Your 2nd was no better. Pardon me if I'm neither flattered nor impressed. Perhaps you should work on your public persona a bit. Better yet, learn the meaning of respect.
eusa_hand.gif
I figure I'm just going to be myself and if people don't like that then oh-well! I'm not going to change who I am for just one person! Sorry!! I'm not necessarily in the line of work where I need to worry about How to Win Friends and Influence People' to quote Stephen R. Covey. Please forgive me if I'm not worried about working on my public persona. Respect is earned, I realize and am not concerned if I don't have yours but you have to earn mine too! Again, sorry!
Whatever. Have it your way. If you're too self-involved to respect those women (who have certainly earned it), I have no respect for you. We should both be fine with that, then.
eusa_hand.gif

Who said I don't have any respect for them? I have the utmost respect for the women I served with and the one I was dating! Her MOS took her to a different part of the country than mine did so we went our separate ways. We're still very close friends and keep in touch but we've both went our own ways and are happy with the way things have turned out. I keep in touch with most of the women that I've served with along the years. I'm not self-involved (at least I don't think so), I'm just getting old enough to where change is next to impossible!

Again, I'm sorry if my opinion isn't the ideal one for a man to have but I'm not on a dating site right now so I'm not looking to meet my next spouse! I'm on here to share my opinion of open-carrying with others of the same mindset. I think we can both agree on our support of second-amendment rights and other subjects along those lines, otherwise we wouldn't be on this site! I'm sorry if I've offended you and upset you! Let's just say we can agree to disagree on this one subject and hopefully later on in the future we might be able to find some common-ground on other more pertinent issues!

Pamiam

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Pamiam wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Pamiam wrote:
Gator5713 wrote:
Oh, to get back on topic....

I know a handful of BEAUTIFUL women that can out shoot me! There is nothing sexier than a beautiful, confident woman, other than a beautiful confident woman with a gun!
:D

Guys with a gun AND A BRAINCELL are sexy, too! :p

Well, that makes my day. I've got two brain cells. :)

:D:D:D:D:D

I won't answer thaton the first date. :p
rofl1.gif

Good answer!!
cheers.gif

40s-and-wfan

imported post

Sorry all, I'm not trying to be an a$$. It's just the way I am and I apologize if it's offensive! Also, I apologize for using this thread as a way to vent my feelings and opinions! Work-stress lately!!

Pamiam

imported post

Listen up: Those women are members of a United States allied military force, and they are involved in a most difficult theater at this time.

A little respect would be well met.

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Speaking of Beautiful women and guns....
My sister is coming to visit today!:celebrate
She has expressed concern about her personal safety, but is not necessarily comfortable getting a gun just yet as she really has NO experience with them (I bought her a Stun Gun for Christmas!!!) So, I am thinking that we will take a trip to the range today! Hopefully my friend (another beautiful woman) will come along too to help familiarize my Sis with handguns. My friend, although not a gun owner or even enthusiast, has had some firearms training (ARMY) and has expressed desire to get in some range time (we have just haven't managed to get that on the schedule yet...) SO I figured today would be a good day for that! And i would love to have a woman instructing my Sis as opposed to me, the brother... I am one that believes that initial introduction/training should be done by someone who is NOT close to the 'student' (as in NOT family/boyfriend etc...)

packingdressagerider

Some where in Rockbridge County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
Speaking of Beautiful women and guns....
My sister is coming to visit today!:celebrate
She has expressed concern about her personal safety, but is not necessarily comfortable getting a gun just yet as she really has NO experience with them (I bought her a Stun Gun for Christmas!!!) So, I am thinking that we will take a trip to the range today! Hopefully my friend (another beautiful woman) will come along too to help familiarize my Sis with handguns. My friend, although not a gun owner or even enthusiast, has had some firearms training (ARMY) and has expressed desire to get in some range time (we have just haven't managed to get that on the schedule yet...) SO I figured today would be a good day for that! And i would love to have a woman instructing my Sis as opposed to me, the brother... I am one that believes that initial introduction/training should be done by someone who is NOT close to the 'student' (as in NOT family/boyfriend etc...)
That's great! I've always heard from the NRA instructor I had that it is best that a female student didn't learn from someone close . But you know, I bet you did great as someone to instruct your Sis. Hope everything went well!

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Well, my friend didn't make it, but my sister and I had a BLAST! (pun intended!)
Like I mentioned earlier, my sister had never shot anything other than a .22 rifle, and that was many moons ago! But recently she had expressed interest, so, as soon as she got to town, we jumped in the truck and off to the range! We had to wait a little bit for a lane, so we went into the shop so that I could introduce her to the different basic types of guns and see if we couldn't find something that she was semi comfortable with. She was also worried that she didn't have a license to shoot! I informed her that she had all the license that she needed, its called the 2nd amendment! (I guess she hasn't been paying attention all these years!) She seemed to think that to even go to the range a license of some sort was required! Oh, boy, I had failed miserably!!! Thats ok, we got past that. When a lane opened up I got a .38 Special revolver. It was big, heavy and clunky, and the grips were a bit too big for her, but she could hold onto it easy enough, and I knew that her biggest fear was recoil, thus big and heavy with a smallish bullet was the plan! She didn't quite have the strength for double action, but single action was fine. once she got the first couple of shots out she decided that shooting wasn't anywhere near as bad as she thought! Her aim was pretty decent too! Using a 5 ring target, most of her shots were within each target, with a few just outside. She was initially discouraged that she wasn't hitting the bull until I informed her that she was well within 'center of mass'! And that for a first time shooter, that was EXCELLENT!
She was fine with the .38 so I decided it was time to introduce her to a semi-auto 9mm. While we were browsing the store she held a Glock that seemed to fit her hands decently, and she could work the slide. (personally I don't like Glocks, but this wasn't about me...) So, I went back to the desk and traded the .38 revolver out for a big Glock 9mm (Glock 34 I think...). I showed her how to work it and the differences between auto vs revolver. Fired 2 shots so she could see it work and the added muzzle flip/recoil, then set her loose! Took her a minute to get used to the flip/recoil, but was on her way quickly. I also showed her a couple of different grip styles and let her choose what she felt worked best for her (thankfully she chose appropriately) as well as worked on stance and trigger discipline.
Sunday morning when she woke up she had a blister on the tip of her finger and asked if that meant she was pulling the trigger with the right part of her finger!
She is a fast learner and an excellent student! And most importantly, she had fun and is no longer scared of getting bitten by the big bad gun!
:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate