• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Women--BEAUTIFUL WOMEN!--and Guns

Pamiam

imported post

VERY cool!!

I was once a 17 year old female in the US Army. That video brought back a lot of memories - especially with the choice of soundtrack. Thanks!!

My job was never what theirs is.

Respect.

Pamiam

imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
Brought back memories of all the lovely young ladies who were in my units and especially the ones who were in my platoon. They were soldiers and, in many cases, far better ones than some of their male counterparts (Yeah, I know I have to hand in my male club membership card for that one).

Seriously, I heard far less complaints out of those young women when we had to work long hours, were cold, wet, tired, and hungry than I heard from the men.

Pamiam, thank you for your service. Forty-eight years ago, I was a scared seventeen year old male in the Army.
Thank you!

I was often confused, but I was never scared. I don't feel I deserve your thanks, but thank you anyway.

I was in the fortunate circumstance of being on the backside of the cold war, and there was nothing but peace during my servitude. That's why I never speak up when vets are asked to raise their hand. My hand isn't worthy of recognition, but it is raised in respect to those who did fight the good fight at every opportunity. I may not have been in battle, but I did learn what it means.

Respect and Gratitude. Always.

And speaking as a female who served in an air cav unit with a ratio of of 5 women to 78 guys, I know where you're coming from on the stoicism, and I REALLY appreciate your comment - more than you'll ever know. That was our personal "battle", and thank you so much for the recognition. ;)

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Pam,
I does not matter if you saw battle or were working somewhere in the shadows... The point is that you served, and therefore deserving of thanks and recognition!
ALL of our service men and women have played, and continue to play a very important role for our country! Thanks and Respect to ALL of them! (including you Pam...)

I ask you, who is more important, the Doctor, or the Bricklayer who gave the doctor a place to practice?

Pamiam

imported post

40s&wfan wrote:
Citizen wrote:
I was waiting to see one that looked like she'd been beat with the ugly stick but I was rather impressed!! Nice!
2 years before I joined up, I won a beauty pageant. Is that your measure of a soldier?

How about a little respect for the job? :banghead:

Men like you make it really difficult for female enlistees. Knock it off already.

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Oh, to get back on topic....

I know a handful of BEAUTIFUL women that can out shoot me! There is nothing sexier than a beautiful, confident woman, other than a beautiful confident woman with a gun!

Pamiam

imported post

Gator5713 wrote:

I know a handful of BEAUTIFUL women that can out shoot me! There is nothing sexier than a beautiful, confident woman, other than a beautiful confident woman with a gun!

:D

Guys with a gun AND A BRAINCELL are sexy, too! :p

Pamiam

imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
Pam,
I does not matter if you saw battle or were working somewhere in the shadows... The point is that you served, and therefore deserving of thanks and recognition!
ALL of our service men and women have played, and continue to play a very important role for our country! Thanks and Respect to ALL of them! (including you Pam...)

I ask you, who is more important, the Doctor, or the Bricklayer who gave the doctor a place to practice?
That was a very cool post. Thank you so much. :)

40s-and-wfan

imported post

Pamiam wrote:
40s&wfan wrote:
Citizen wrote:
I was waiting to see one that looked like she'd been beat with the ugly stick but I was rather impressed!! Nice!
2 years before I joined up, I won a beauty pageant. Is that your measure of a soldier?

Men like you make it really difficult for female enlistees. Knock it off already.

Well first of all I thought all of the women in the video I was referring to were in the IDF, not the United States Military. I was in the army, dated a woman who had a chevron or two on me and was rather impressed by the women in my basic training platoon. I attended basic at Ft. Jackson SC. Even the female Drill Sergeant we had was worth a second (and third) look!!

I have the utmost respect for the women of the United States Armed Forces! I wasn't saying anything bad about our women, I was trying to find humor in those of another country. "Men like me..." well, I guess you'd have to know me before you judge me!!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Pamiam wrote:
Gator5713 wrote:

Well, that makes my day. I've got two brain cells. :)

40s-and-wfan

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Pamiam wrote:
Gator5713 wrote:

You're half a braincell up on me!!

Pamiam

imported post

40s&wfan wrote:
Pamiam wrote:
40s&wfan wrote:
Citizen wrote:

Well first of all I thought all of the women in the video I was referring to were in the IDF, not the United States Military. I was in the army, dated a woman who had a chevron or two on me and was rather impressed by the women in my basic training platoon. I attended basic at Ft. Jackson SC. Even the female Drill Sergeant we had was worth a second (and third) look!!

I have the utmost respect for the women of the United States Armed Forces! I wasn't saying anything bad about our women, I was trying to find humor in those of another country. "Men like me..." well, I guess you'd have to know me before you judge me!!
That's hardly an open door to "get to know you". You offered your own judgment criteria up front, damn those first impressions. Your 2nd was no better. Pardon me if I'm neither flattered nor impressed. Perhaps you should work on your public persona a bit. Better yet, learn the meaning of respect.
eusa_hand.gif

Pamiam

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Pamiam wrote:
Gator5713 wrote:

Two! Awesome! Can you rub them together? :p

40s-and-wfan

imported post

Pamiam wrote:
That's hardly an open door to "get to know you". You offered your own judgment criteria up front, damn those first impressions. Your 2nd was no better. Pardon me if I'm neither flattered nor impressed. Perhaps you should work on your public persona a bit. Better yet, learn the meaning of respect.
eusa_hand.gif
I figure I'm just going to be myself and if people don't like that then oh-well! I'm not going to change who I am for just one person! Sorry!! I'm not necessarily in the line of work where I need to worry about How to Win Friends and Influence People' to quote Stephen R. Covey. Please forgive me if I'm not worried about working on my public persona. Respect is earned, I realize and am not concerned if I don't have yours but you have to earn mine too! Again, sorry!

Pamiam

imported post

40s&wfan wrote:
Pamiam wrote:
eusa_hand.gif
I figure I'm just going to be myself and if people don't like that then oh-well! I'm not going to change who I am for just one person! Sorry!! I'm not necessarily in the line of work where I need to worry about How to Win Friends and Influence People' to quote Stephen R. Covey. Please forgive me if I'm not worried about working on my public persona. Respect is earned, I realize and am not concerned if I don't have yours but you have to earn mine too! Again, sorry!
Whatever. Have it your way. If you're too self-involved to respect those women (who have certainly earned it), I have no respect for you. We should both be fine with that, then.
eusa_hand.gif