Thread: Preserve, Protect, and Defend.

Post imported post

Preserve, Protect, and Defend. This is the oath/affirmation. Send a letter, e-mail, fax, phone call to that affect to all that have the power to do so. If we don't do this, who will? We aren't talking about the piece of paper, this is about the letter and spirit of our Constitution. Our fore fathers gave their all for this document, and we must give all we have for this. Preserve, Protect, and Defend.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

ecgoin wrote:
    Preserve, Protect, and Defend. This is the oath/affirmation. Send a letter, e-mail, fax, phone call to that affect to all that have the power to do so. If we don't do this, who will? We aren't talking about the piece of paper, this is about the letter and spirit of our Constitution. Our fore fathers gave their all for this document, and we must give all we have for this. Preserve, Protect, and Defend.

Shhhhhhh!!

It gives us the breach-of-trust cause to accuse them of treason.

Hey, if they can re-write the Constitution, there should be no problem with me re-writing...uh...slightly modifying the definition of treason.

Article III, Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court. (emphasis mine)

Well, upon reading the definition again, maybe I'm not so far off base.

No, I'm not trying to subvert the OP's message. Start sending.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.