• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NO ONE CALLED THE COPS

thx997303

imported post

Quite on the contrary actually. I have absolutely noproblem with you quietly concealing and not once being bothered for it.

I'm merely pointing out that many on this board OC to make a political statement, and that a statement that goes unnoticed is not going to change many minds.

I am also saying that posting non events, well if I posted every time I had a non event, it wouldn't go very far for our purpose really.

As far as non events making new OCers more comfortable, well, it seems that anytime there are inquiries involving how much attention it gets you are almost unanimously answered with, "I've never had a problem" So, I don't believe it would be a good use of thread space.

And I would appreciate if you would get off of your high horse. As far as my less than positive experiences are concerned, you should know that you have nowhere near enough details to make any real judgements about me.

I'm sure if you were to ask users on this board about the way I carry myself, users such as yo101jimmy, SGT Jensen, packingmama, mazellan819, Joesparky, ScottyT, goosemama, and others who have met me, I'm sure they would be happy to oblige.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
I'm sure if you were to ask users on this board about the way I carry myself, users such as... SGT jensen, ..., I'm sure they would be happy to oblige.

Quid Pro Quo, Private! I'm not hookin' you up unless there's something in it for me!

You can start by capitalizing the Sergeants last name. :X

:p Naaahh.. Jeremy is good people. Just don't let him shop at Target.

rightsreserved

imported post

"Non-Events"happen all the time....they are just not exciting....when was the last time the news lead off with There were no bombing today in Iraq....these days have occured they just don't get reported. I am not suggesting that the group starts posting about all non events but to hear about them from time to time allows me to read how different people handle them. Just like learning what happened when confronted by LEO's helps me if that event happens to me. Non event stories have lead to links with information and documentation that bennifit me and allow me to to give intelligent information to those who ask about OCing.

scorpioajr

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
Quite on the contrary actually. I have absolutely noproblem with you quietly concealing and not once being bothered for it.

I'm merely pointing out that many on this board OC to make a political statement, and that a statement that goes unnoticed is not going to change many minds.

I am also saying that posting non events, well if I posted every time I had a non event, it wouldn't go very far for our purpose really.

As far as non events making new OCers more comfortable, well, it seems that anytime there are inquiries involving how much attention it gets you are almost unanimously answered with, "I've never had a problem" So, I don't believe it would be a good use of thread space.

And I would appreciate if you would get off of your high horse. As far as my less than positive experiences are concerned, you should know that you have nowhere near enough details to make any real judgements about me.

I'm sure if you were to ask users on this board about the way I carry myself, users such as yo101jimmy, SGT jensen, packingmama, mazellan819, Joesparky, ScottyT, goosemama, and others who have met me, I'm sure they would be happy to oblige.
.... I, for one, am glad that non-events happen all the time. I think they should be posted from time to time on this board too so we can all get a little perspective. If the bulk of stories are about "bad" OC experiences thats what people tend to focus on and make incorrect assumptions based on that. Most of those on this site gomonths without ANY contact, and that tells me something. What does it tell you THX?On that note, Protectedby9mm, bought any new waterproof appliances lately:p
Well : thats -that then, we should start posting non-events. I mean - the board will fill up pretty dang fast, lol. however, MAYBE thats what some non-believers need to see:

How often OC goes unpunished! Perhaps you will understand a bit more why a negative interaction is so traumatic to an OCer that has been OCing for (lets just say..) 2 years without incident, and all of a sudden his face is turned to swiss cheese b/c some cop "wants to go home that night." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S1rMA-K5WU&feature=related

Anywho..

scorpioajr

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
any new waterproof appliances lately:p
Well : thats -that then, we should start posting non-events. I mean - the board will fill up pretty dang fast, lol. however, MAYBE thats what some non-believers need to see:

How often OC goes unpunished! Perhaps you will understand a bit more why a negative interaction is so traumatic to an OCer that has been OCing for (lets just say..) 2 years without incident, and all of a sudden his face is turned to swiss cheese b/c some cop "wants to go home that night." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S1rMA-K5WU&feature=related

Anywho..

Just have a thread for non-event, just one. Then you can add every day!...
I'm diggin' it.

smallmansyndrome

imported post

High horse or not. I carry the way I carry. I carry OC mostly. I doubt that it matters much in thereality of it all.

I think non events are winning events. Perhaps they are not newsworthy. Saves me time and stress.

I carelittle of the the media. The old "Dirty Laundry" song says it the best.

I have been percieved as one on a high horse, hmmm.... Little offenses have not been intentional. Hope you all sleep well.;)

scorpioajr

imported post

smallmansyndrome wrote:
...Hope you all sleep well.;)
I got me a REAL nice box spring a mattress when me and the wife got to Utah. i knew my personality would piss off a lot of personalities here so, it was more foresight than anything. yes, i sleep great fyi!!

smallmansyndrome

imported post

well back on subject.

NO CONTACTS YET THIS YEAR!

Carried everyday, in public, in view.

I bet that pisses you guys off!

scorpioajr

imported post

smallmansyndrome wrote:
well back on subject.

NO CONTACTS YET THIS YEAR!

Carried everyday, in public, in view.

Same for me here, been about 2 though: Make me happier than a clam that you haven't been hassled. Keep up the good work.

smallmansyndrome

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
smallmansyndrome wrote:
Doesnt piss me off. Im glad, keep it up.

but I have not made any field contacts, No conversions, no news media, no police reports,

I have not even handed out an OC bible....

Im such a slouch.

:(

thefirststrike

imported post

I have to agree with those who have said that we should post non-events and positive encountersas well as negative ones. Given that this forum is open to the public at large and not just members only, it would be good to have some stories to share about how law abiding citizens such as ourselves actually managed to carry a gun allday and not blow someone awayover a parking spot (sarcasm intended).

People need to see that we are not the crazy, gun nut, killing-everyone-who-makes-us-angry,boogy men/women that so much of the media and the anti-gun folkshave madeus out to be. This type of education is just as important as the one-on-one kind, don't you think?

I think there are some in this forum who just see open carry as a way to show off and purposely provoke a public response. Making a political statementabout your rights is fine, but you don't need to forcibly shove your views down people's throats. A less obnoxious approach might win converts and supportersmore readily than the more aggressive in your face style of encounter.

Dave

scorpioajr

imported post

smallmansyndrome wrote:
thoughtpolice wrote:
smallmansyndrome wrote:
Doesnt piss me off. Im glad, keep it up.

but I have not made any field contacts, No conversions, no news media, no police reports, I have not even handed out an OC bible....Im such a slouch.:(
i do something about that self esteem buddy -:lol:
No news media or police either. In the two years i HAVE been OCing, i have only been approached once and it was by a neighbor of mine. Lasted all of 35 seconds. After i was unable to sufficiently satisfy him i gave him one of my OC pamphlets. i see him from time to time now and he waves to me all the time with a smile.

Smooth sailing other than that.