• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NO ONE CALLED THE COPS

smallmansyndrome

imported post

Carried my Glock every day this year. And so far I have not had any contacts with the POLICE or comments from others. NO questions, NO discussions, NO educating others, just minding my own business.

Just thought I should share. It can be done.:p

mazellan819

imported post

Thank you for sharing. Stories like this can be found all over this forum. It does happen. Most do not post about it because it is a frequently experienced occurrence. It is usually the bad experiences that get told so actions (if need be) can be taken.

Edit: It made sense in my head but not when I reread it. Changed word in bold.

smallmansyndrome

imported post

day 22, no issues.

No confrontations

NO arrests

No felony stops

No education of others

No law suits

No akward looks from others

No OC missionary name tags on my jacket with the OC BIBLE

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

That's great news!!! :celebrate You do have me curious however.

Did you happen to carry a firearm openly during any of these 22 days? :question:

mazellan819

imported post

Ya I do not think this constitutes open carry!

water%20gun.jpg

smallmansyndrome

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
That's great news!!! :celebrate You do have me curious however.

Did you happen to carry a firearm openly during any of these 22 days? :question:

23 days, And Ya on my hip, in the open.

PS

I dont wear any silly T shirts when I do it.

thx997303

imported post

Hmm, I was carrying for several months before anybody ever bothered me.

I wouldn't start getting too excited over it yet.

How bout you go carry into the Target in AF eh?:p

rightsreserved

imported post

No one has bothered me other than "shot any one recently?" have had one person tell me because I OC that it gives someone the right to shoot at me.:shock:

rightsreserved

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Wow:?that person isn't quite ready to be carrying a gun.
He is a regular customer comming in every couple of days for propane and always has something to say so I just nod, smile and say Thank You.

ScottyT

imported post

I have been OCing for 10 months and have yet to have a negative experience.

Non-events are far more common and, because nothing happens, people don't typically post about it.

rightsreserved

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
I think that the OP is the first person that I know of that has posted about a non event.

:quirky

Non events should be heard about I Think...first for those who are unsure about OCing can learn that they may not be harrassed every where they go. Second maybe we who are OCing can see what he is doing right.

thx997303

imported post

day 22, no issues.

No confrontations

NO arrests

No felony stops

No education of others

No law suits

No akward looks from others

No OC missionary name tags on my jacket with the OC BIBLE

How bout positive events? Non-events happen way to often. Positive and negative experiences are quite a bit more rare.

Most of the time nothing happens.

Plus, many of us OC for the purpose of education as well as for self defense. And as you can see by his post, he would rather remain completely anonymous to the public. Notice the statements in red.

Of course that is actually a little counterproductive if you would like to take advantage of the crime deterence that OC offers.

Now I am not saying post a sign on yourself saying "I have a gun!" Justsaying that It's visible for a reason.

smallmansyndrome

imported post

:lol:Well to each his own. That may contribute to my boring life and lack of LEO contacts. JUST A THOUGHT:what:

It is not random that I don,t have the contacts and issues others have. It is a choice.

I do not have any desire to make a spectacle out of myself by behaving badly and drawing attention. I do not intend to make others listen to me about why I carry a gun and why they should. I have lived a quiet life this way. NO ARRESTS NO SWAT TEAMS AT MY HOME.

I have not suffered theinjustice of being a victim to a crime while I carried my handgun.

Are these the positive events you wrote about?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Clearly you're on a high horse.

For your information, I am (in certain moods) a gregarious, outgoing person, and so I get a lot of questions about OC and "educate" quite a bit.

This doesn't mean I "make a spectacle" out of myself. It simply means I'm sociable. Perhaps you are less so.

FYI, I've never had any contact with the police over OC (which I do most frequently in Fairfax County, Virginia).