• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bay County man defends business

Taurus850CIA

imported post

I heard this on Flint radio this morning, and am watching on Channel 12 news now. Two masked intruders broke into Evergreen Insurance in the village of Auburn last night at around 7 p.m. Both were holding guns, later found to be air guns. The business owner shot one, the other got away, only to be arrested a short time later. The wounded intruder was taken to the hospital, and is in critical condition. Channel 12 isn't offering much more, and there doesn't seem to be a link on their website. I'll post one when I find one after work today, unless one of you folks finds one first.

Found it...

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=news/local&id=6617475

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I am always so happy to hear the self defense news articles such as that. I am amazed, appauled, and thouroughly disgusted by the local news here where noone ever shoots back. Just the other day we had a drunk kid in the next small town over use a 30 30 rifle to take hostages, break into two seperate apartment units, and shoot at one individual... NOONE shot back... I haven't been carrying all that long in reality, nor felt so strongly about these issues since the school shootings started up years ago, but I honestly cannot remember the last time I didn't say to myself when seeing these news articles regarding illegal gun violence, "why are you people running, you simplydraw, aim, fire until the threat is gone."

Typically now I add, call the police on the radio and ask to file a report regarding stolen bullets and then calling my lawyer and keep my mouth sealed to protect myself from the anti's.

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Anytime lethal force woulda been justified and the guys in court in the news everyone is always talkin it up about how he better get the maximum sentence, throw the book at him. I typically end the whole conversation by mentioning the maximum sentence wasnt "x" number years, but death, and it's too bad we are at the court stage, as death by bullet is no longer on the table. Noone ever seems to wish to discuss the matter more with me, lol.