• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GeorgiaCarry.org gets reporter to open carry with live fire on news video!

mzmtg

imported post

http://www.thecoastalsource.com/news/local/story/Grassroots-Group-Fights-For-More-Gun-Rights/WUL4mtYHi0CA6uttsY6_Kw.cspx

Grassroots Group Fights For More Gun Rights
Reported by: Ashley Olmstead

(Hinesville, GA) President Obama has some local licensed gun carriers worried he’ll try to hinder their rights. Larry Billeiter, concealed carry permit holder said, “he has a severe anti-gun record. He did in Chicago and he has since he's been in the senate and he's appointed numerous people from the Clinton administration who were severely anti-gun." Anti-gun groups, like the Brady Campaign, have the President’s back. They argue that 80 people die each day from gun violence and an additional 200 survive with injuries. But members of the grassroots organization Georgiacarry.org say many statistics are twisted and guns can save lives if they’re in the right hands. Tim Huett, a local soldier and licensed shooter said, “A lot of people think guns are the problems. Guns cause crimes. That’s not the case; criminals cause crimes. Criminals kill people.” He went on to say, “Guns save lives in the hands of law-abiding citizens…the people who get guns illegally are the people who need limitations. Not us.” Concealedcarry.org began in 2006 and since they’ve gained support – signing up more than 3,400 members who fight for gun rights with them. They fought for the passage of House Bill 89 last year, which in short allows you to carry concealed guns in more places, like restaurants. To demonstrate responsible gun use, the members invited us to participate in an International Defense Pistol Association (IDPA) scenario with them. In today’s scenario we were dining at a restaurant when a gunman walks in. We pull our pistol shoot him and his accomplices. Photojournalist Will Hammargren and I went through training, donned proper safety gear and then shot pistols for the first time. Since January 1st, 2009 259 Chatham County residents have applied for concealed carry permits.

For more information on both sides of the gun law controversy visit the following websites.
http://georgiacarry.org/
http://www.bradycampaign.org/
http://www.georgiapacking.org/[/quote]

**video at link**

Tex

imported post

Just went to the Brady site for the first time, they claim to be "the nations largest, non-partisan, grass roots gun safety organization" LOLL You go GA, one more state to go to back to where we never should have left. Good luck with your success, every state that comes on board is one more that I can now visit.

TFred

imported post

I watched the video all the way to the end... the desk reporter came back after the video and said in essence, "GeorgiaCarry.org started in 2006... and we have a link to their site and also some other anti-gun websites..."

What? Other anti-gun?

TFred

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

TFred wrote:
I watched the video all the way to the end... the desk reporter came back after the video and said in essence, "GeorgiaCarry.org started in 2006... and we have a link to their site and also some other anti-gun websites..."

What? Other anti-gun?

TFred
It is the news anchor's position that is anti-gun. In her opening statement she exclaims "...licensed gun carriers now taking aim at President Barack Obama..."The image is of law abiding citizens threatening the POTUS with deadly force. Her statement is calculated to portray licensed gun carriers as lawless criminals.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

cccook wrote:
TFred wrote:

What? Other anti-gun?

TFred
It is the news anchor's position that is anti-gun. In her opening statement she exclaims "...licensed gun carriers now taking aim at President Barack Obama..."The image is of law abiding citizens threatening the POTUS with deadly force. Her statement is calculated to portray licensed gun carriers as lawless criminals.
No - it is calculated at making this item a "story" - controversial, etc. All publicity is good publicity for us.

Shorts

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Very cool of Ms Olmstead to participate! :D

I was also impressed by the interview of the mustached guy about why gun owners are concerned about the Obama Administration. Very clear and concise.

gruntpain1775

imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:
Hokie wrote:
They need to work on her stance. She was leaning backwards
They did. That is just the shot that made it past the editors for the newscast.
New Shooters love to lean back. But if you notice during the clip when she pulls the pistol out of the holster, shows it, the re-holsters.....no finger on the trigger:D

SlackwareRobert

imported post

How far down the food chain did they have to go to find a reporter who
didn't run screaming in terror at the mere presence of a holster?

But it sounds like the reporter got it backwards, Obama is gunning for
gun owners, not the other way around.

gruntpain1775

imported post

Actually they didn't have to go down the food chain at all. The reporter was contacted by a member of Georgiacarry.org in response to another gun article she wrote and invited her to the range. She jumped on it. The "taking aim at gun owners" was read off a screen. So who ever wrote the words on the screen for the anchors to read is responsible for that.

Euclid_543

imported post

Hey, let's give them credit for making at least some effort to be unbiased by actually accepting the invite (and kudos to the guy who invited them). Remember, she had never shot a gun before so that represents some open-mindedness.

As far as "taking aim at Obama," that's OK, too; they didn't say we were aiming guns at him. I believe they just thought is sounded gun-relatedly cool. They only put the anti-gun websites up to try to balance the story, and I think the word "other" was just a slip.

Even if I am wrong about the above it was a great story for our cause.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

Euclid_543 wrote:
(and kudos to the guy who invited them).
That is the poster directly above you. GCO is blessed to have so much talent concentrated in one organization.

LoneOak

imported post

There is no better group in the US Dedicated to the Expansion and Preservation of its members firearms rights in their state of resident than GeorgiaCarry.org. With every lawsuit they file and every article printed about their work it is clear that GeorgiaCarry believes in the 2nd ammendment rights of its members and the citizens of Georgia and their nocompromise approach is making a difference in our state.

The actions demonstrated by the leadership of GCO and the dedicated following of its members should be an example for every other state based 2nd ammendment group in the US that is dedicated to our rights to keep and bear arms.

If your state group needs guidance to begin the process of making changes to the laws in your state regarding your rights to keep and bear arms I suggest you contact the leadership of GeorgiaCarry and inquire about the process you need to begin to achieve change. Recruiting supporters as GeorgiaCarry has is a great way to start to make an impact in your state legislature when it comes to changing the laws to make it easier for you to protect yourself, your family and your friends.

GeorgiaCarry has amassed a membership base of approximately 3500 members in just a little over 2 years time and the numbers continue to grow every week, especially with our recruiting efforts at local gun shows along with an excellent relationship with nearly all local gun shops and ranges.

When gun control issues are discussed in committee meetings and work sessions in the state capitol representatives from GeorgiaCarry are at all those meetings and we proudly wear our orange buttons that proclaim that GUNS SAVE LIVES.

You don't have to be a citizen of Georgia to become a member of GeorgiaCarry but we do encourage all citizens to join with us. If you visit the GeorgiaCarry.org-Membership Page you will see all the information you need to join.

I hope to see you around.

Lonely without GPDO

LoneOak