• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wal-Mart's new NO GUN policy???

lilothedog

imported post

lilothedog wrote:
She proceeded to tell me that Wal-Marts policy is and always has been, NO FIREARMS. I told her she was full of @#$%! I corrected her on the policy and asked her to reference it in her policy book. She said she didn't have one. I asked her to send a copy of the policy to me. She said she would have to contact corporate for a copy. I said, "your telling me you don't keep a copy of your own policies on hand!?".

Another quick thought, and I could be wrong on this one....isn't it an OSHA policy to have a copy of a stores policies on hand?? Also, if they had a supposed "no gun" policy, don't they have to post a sign at every public entrance saying such?

David.Car

imported post

lilothedog wrote:
Also, if they had a supposed "no gun" policy, don't they have to post a sign at every public entrance saying such?
They don't have to post any policy... But for enforcing they should.

In other words, if they posted it and you still carried in, it would be alot easier for them to file anything legal (read tresspass). Without it being posted, just means they have to inform you first.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

heresolong wrote:
As far as the employees go, the unions and the left have done a masterful job of creating a huge lie about how Walmart treats their employees. They pay as much as any of the mom and pop stores that they allegedly put out of business did, they DO offer health benefits, contrary to the lies put out about them, and no one has to work there except voluntarily.

And most mom and pop shops don't offer any health benefits.

Also Wal-mart has the cheapest ammo in town right now. And the Remington ammo and guns they sell are made in U.S. and is the oldest American Company being founded in 1816. So not everything is made in China.

Heresolong is there a link to positive corporate policy? I searched here but haven't found one. The thread in the pro-business section doesn't work.

trevorthebusdriver

imported post

Seriously, the ONLY thing I buy at Wally World is ammo because it's a good 1/3 less than anywhere else. I do open carry there and get a different experience every time. I do not care about the ethnicity of thier customers. What does that matter?

jarhead1911A

imported post

I had the same situation at a walmart i go to often last week but it was buy an assistant manager, I took it up with the store manager and i pressed the issue to the point that the A-M was terminated do to non complyancy of corp rules that she clearing said she knew.

Yup i am really done with be verbally attacked by people who dont like guns. Not my problem they should get over it or shop somewere i dont.

compmanio365

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
I had the same situation at a walmart i go to often last week but it was buy an assistant manager, I took it up with the store manager and i pressed the issue to the point that the A-M was terminated do to non complyancy of corp rules that she clearing said she knew.

Yup i am really done with be verbally attacked by people who dont like guns. Not my problem they should get over it or shop somewere i dont.
Hmm, sounds familiar. Was this at the Puyallup WM?

shad0wfax

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:

"This is Susan D(uninteligible)'s assistant with the Wal-Mart market office. Uh, we are in receipt of a letter, uh, dated 10/2, or a call, I would say, uh, concerning a manager in a Chesapeake store, uh, leading a charge to ban in-store carrying of firearms district-wide. Number one, you are absolutely 100%correct, you are, especially in the state of Virginia and every other state I know of, legally entitled to carry a firearm. Uh, as long as you're within the law, that's your business. We have no right to stop you. We might be able to stop and ask about it because they would like to know who's got one who does, especially if they see one. But, as far as telling you you cannot enter the store, you would have to leave; uh,won't happen. If police were called, the police would tell you,we have- they haveno co-, no way can they remove someone just because they carry a firearm. This is not, you talk about a ban, uh, this is nothing that we are aware of here at the market office nor at the home office. Uh, we will certainly- I'd love to talk with you about it uhif you'd like to call the market office:471-1651 area code 757 uh, but, heh,this is a new one that we've heard uh, so if you don't mind I'll try to call you tomorrow or if you want to give me a call back. Thank you and have a wonderful, wonderful day."

I used the speach-to-text converter between my ears to do it. I didn't add any emphasis to what she said and I tried my best to include every word (including all of the uhs she used.) Listen to it yourself and see if my transcript matches correctly. It seemed good to me, apart from some punctuation issues that really can't be fixed.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

One of the members of Michigan Open Carry has posted corporate policies in a stickied thread. The link follows. The policies are on a post close to the bottom of the first page. I don't see anything there on Wal-mart that hasn't already been mentioned in this thread, but there are other policies there, and he will be updating it periodically.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/13328.html

heresolong

imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:

"This is Susan D(uninteligible)'s assistant with the Wal-Mart market office. Uh, we are in receipt of a letter, uh, dated 10/2, or a call, I would say, uh, concerning a manager in a Chesapeake store, uh, leading a charge to ban in-store carrying of firearms district-wide. Number one, you are absolutely 100%correct, you are, especially in the state of Virginia and every other state I know of, legally entitled to carry a firearm. Uh, as long as you're within the law, that's your business. We have no right to stop you. We might be able to stop and ask about it because they would like to know who's got one who does, especially if they see one. But, as far as telling you you cannot enter the store, you would have to leave; uh,won't happen. If police were called, the police would tell you,we have- they haveno co-, no way can they remove someone just because they carry a firearm. This is not, you talk about a ban, uh, this is nothing that we are aware of here at the market office nor at the home office. Uh, we will certainly- I'd love to talk with you about it uhif you'd like to call the market office:471-1651 area code 757 uh, but, heh,this is a new one that we've heard uh, so if you don't mind I'll try to call you tomorrow or if you want to give me a call back. Thank you and have a wonderful, wonderful day."

I used the speach-to-text converter between my ears to do it. I didn't add any emphasis to what she said and I tried my best to include every word (including all of the uhs she used.) Listen to it yourself and see if my transcript matches correctly. It seemed good to me, apart from some punctuation issues that really can't be fixed.
Typically when transcribing conversations it is perfectly acceptable to edit out needless interjections that don't constitute a part of the actual information being transmitted. Most people sound like idiots when directly transcribed due to our (American) habit of saying "uh" when thinking instead of just pausing for a second.

Interesting historical note, the actual tapes of Nixon and his advisors discussing how to deal with Watergate are filled with hesitations, interjections, etc. Nixon also had a super efficient secretary who edited them, just as she was taught to do, to make them sound very professional. You read the transcripts it sounds like a coldly calculated discussion and decision making process, you listen to the tapes and it sounds much more like a normal conversation with a bunch of people who weren't quite sure what to do but eventually reached sort of a decision.

Conclusion. I would edit out the uhs.

shad0wfax

imported post

heresolong wrote:
[SNIP]
Conclusion. I would edit out the uhs.

"This is Susan D(uninteligible)'s assistant with the Wal-Mart market office. We are in receipt of a letter dated 10/2, or a call, I would say,concerning a manager in a Chesapeake store leading a charge to ban in-store carrying of firearms district-wide. Number one, you are absolutely 100%correct, you are, especially in the state of Virginia and every other state I know of, legally entitled to carry a firearm.As long as you're within the law, that's your business; we have no right to stop you. We might be able to stop and ask about it because they would like to know who's got one who does, especially if they see one, but as far as telling you you cannot enter the store, you would have to leave;won't happen. If police were called, the police would tell you,we have- they haveno co-, no way can they remove someone just because they carry a firearm. This is not, you talk about a ban,this is nothing that we are aware of here at the market office nor at the home office.We will certainly- I'd love to talk with you about itif you'd like to call the market office:471-1651 area code 757but, heh,this is a new one that we've heard, so if you don't mind I'll try to call you tomorrow or if you want to give me a call back. Thank you and have a wonderful, wonderful day."

Done.