Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 118

Thread: Dinner in Saginaw

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    This may be a bit soon, but some of the guys in Midland expressed interest in something in Saginaw. Also, a few people cancelled last minute, so maybe they'll make it to Saginaw.

    I was thinking of giving it a couple of weeks and going for something around Thursday, February 12th, if we want to do another dinner. We could even hit the Bob Evans in Saginaw Township accross from Fashion Square Mall, since the Bob Evans in Midland was very accomodating.

    So, here's the thread. Comment away.



    Edited to make info easy to find per Dougs request:

    Saginaw Michigan Bob Evans MOC Lunch

    Where To Meet:Bob Evans Restaurant
    Address:2832 Tittabawassee Road Saginaw, Michigan 48604
    When:Saturday, February 7, 2009

    Time:12:00 Noon

    Map:MAP



  2. #2
    Regular Member dougwg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,445

    Post imported post

    You know, some people still have jobs in Michigan.... not everyone has lost their job to china, mexico, canada, brazil, etc...

    Why are these GTG's not held on the weekend?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    dougwg wrote:
    You know, some people still have jobs in Michigan.... not everyone has lost their job to china, mexico, canada, brazil, etc...

    Why are these GTG's not held on the weekend?
    You know, some people don't work 9-5, M-F jobs

    I planned the Midland dinner for a weekday evening to get the weekend workers out. If there is more interest in something on the weekend in Saginaw, then that works for me.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,544

    Post imported post

    SQLtables wrote:
    dougwg wrote:
    You know, some people still have jobs in Michigan.... not everyone has lost their job to china, mexico, canada, brazil, etc...

    Why are these GTG's not held on the weekend?
    You know, some people don't work 9-5, M-F jobs

    I planned the Midland dinner for a weekday evening to get the weekend workers out.* If there is more interest in something on the weekend in Saginaw, then that works for me.
    Just don't make it on February 14th, lest we forget....

  5. #5
    Regular Member dougwg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,445

    Post imported post

    Or March 14th

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    199

    Post imported post

    March 14th? My e-mail said March 20th.

    ~b

    (Adult Content)

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,544

    Post imported post

    PilotPTK wrote:
    March 14th?* My e-mail said March 20th.

    ~b

    (Adult Content)
    NSFW: http://www.steakandbjday.com/

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    199

    Post imported post

    I stand corrected



    ~b

  9. #9
    Regular Member Taurus850CIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,071

    Post imported post

    SQLtables wrote:
    dougwg wrote:
    You know, some people still have jobs in Michigan.... not everyone has lost their job to china, mexico, canada, brazil, etc...

    Why are these GTG's not held on the weekend?
    You know, some people don't work 9-5, M-F jobs

    I planned the Midland dinner for a weekday evening to get the weekend workers out. If there is more interest in something on the weekend in Saginaw, then that works for me.
    I assume M-F stands for Monday thru Friday, tho the first time I read it, a more appropriate term popped into my head...
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

    Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

    Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

    The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

    With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

  10. #10
    Regular Member jbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,241

    Post imported post

    dougwg wrote:
    You know, some people still have jobs in Michigan....
    I hope jobs still exist; I’m retiring from the Navy in a few months and thinking of heading back to my home area of Kalamazoo.
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    70

    Post imported post

    Being from Saginaw, I can make it for anything. Weekends are good for me (but not for my wife). Week days after 5pm work for both of us, generally.

    This time I WILL have reading materials. Even if that means running back home and getting them. :P

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    MOC IT / Midland, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    416

    Post imported post

    after i got back in my car, i realized i had my laptop with me, but i didn't have any of the material dl'ed to it :-P

    but... i am available M-R anytime after 5pm. and Sa-Su anytime.
    ---- that is as long i dont have something to fix at work or a project came up on me.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    3,361

    Post imported post

    SQLtables wrote:
    This may be a bit soon, but some of the guys in Midland expressed interest in something in Saginaw. Also, a few people cancelled last minute, so maybe they'll make it to Saginaw.

    I was thinking of giving it a couple of weeks and going for something around Thursday, February 12th, if we want to do another dinner. We could even hit the Bob Evans in Saginaw Township accross from Fashion Square Mall, since the Bob Evans in Midland was very accomodating.

    So, here's the thread. Comment away.
    SQLtables, which one?

    1) 2832 Tittabawassee Road Saginaw, Michigan 48604
    2) 8466 Gratiot Road Saginaw, Michigan 48609
    3) 6558 Gratiot Road Saginaw, Michigan 48638

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    MOC IT / Midland, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    416

    Post imported post

    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:
    ...Bob Evans in Saginaw Township accross from Fashion Square Mall...

    SQLtables, which one?

    1) 2832 Tittabawassee Road Saginaw, Michigan 48604
    2) 8466 Gratiot Road Saginaw, Michigan 48609
    3) 6558 Gratiot Road Saginaw, Michigan 48638
    so if memory serves me corectly (but i did move out of saginaw 8 - 10years ago)... the Fashion Sq Mall is on Titabawasee and nowhere near Gratiot. Unless... they picked up that mall and moved it to gratiot now?

    hehe. ;-)

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    3,361

    Post imported post

    viperar15 wrote:
    SNIP
    so if memory serves me corectly (but i did move out of saginaw 8 - 10years ago)... the Fashion Sq Mall is on Titabawasee and nowhere near Gratiot. Unless... they picked up that mall and moved it to gratiot now?

    hehe. ;-)
    Thanks Viper

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    viperar15 wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:
    ...Bob Evans in Saginaw Township accross from Fashion Square Mall...

    SQLtables, which one?

    1) 2832 Tittabawassee Road Saginaw, Michigan 48604
    2) 8466 Gratiot Road Saginaw, Michigan 48609
    3) 6558 Gratiot Road Saginaw, Michigan 48638
    so if memory serves me corectly (but i did move out of saginaw 8 - 10years ago)... the Fashion Sq Mall is on Titabawasee and nowhere near Gratiot. Unless... they picked up that mall and moved it to gratiot now?

    hehe. ;-)
    No, they moved the mall with a big crane.

    SpringerXD, I'm talking about the one on Tittabawassee.


  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    MOC IT / Midland, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    416

    Post imported post

    springer, sorry... i was at work. and its been a long day. :-) i'm still trying to figure out when i'll have a day at work that isn't monday....

    sql - if they did that... it wouldn't upset me too much if the crane accidently dropped it and the place shattered to pieces... ;-)

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2

    Post imported post

    SQLtables wrote:
    This may be a bit soon, but some of the guys in Midland expressed interest in something in Saginaw. Also, a few people cancelled last minute, so maybe they'll make it to Saginaw.

    I was thinking of giving it a couple of weeks and going for something around Thursday, February 12th, if we want to do another dinner. We could even hit the Bob Evans in Saginaw Township accross from Fashion Square Mall, since the Bob Evans in Midland was very accomodating.

    So, here's the thread. Comment away.
    Hi guys Midland was a good time !! good to me everyone and go shooting !!I am up for Sag anytime I will be there !! I am looking at the post and learning your user names ,I think I have them for the most part . I see some guys from MGO here also !!I will watch the threads on this forum and learn about OC .

    Matt

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    MOC IT / Midland, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    416

    Post imported post

    So Feb 12 looks good to me (or even that weekend if there is interest for that instead).

    Place for dinner? Bob Evans sounds good. there is also the Texan on State. or Applebees (not sure if we could do that since they have a bar??) or Bennigans or something like that? just trying to throw some ideas out there. Or even Tony's back side of the mall -- our belts might break from that though.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    viperar15 wrote:
    So Feb 12 looks good to me (or even that weekend if there is interest for that instead).

    Place for dinner? Bob Evans sounds good. there is also the Texan on State. or Applebees (not sure if we could do that since they have a bar??) or Bennigans or something like that? just trying to throw some ideas out there. Or even Tony's back side of the mall -- our belts might break from that though.
    Can't do a place that serves alcohol because of those without CPLs.

    We did Tony's in Birch Run, so that's an option.

    What does everybody think of Saturday the 8th instead?

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    MOC IT / Midland, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    416

    Post imported post

    works for me.

    saturday the 7th works for me :-)

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    SQLtables wrote:
    viperar15 wrote:
    So Feb 12 looks good to me (or even that weekend if there is interest for that instead).

    Place for dinner? Bob Evans sounds good. there is also the Texan on State. or Applebees (not sure if we could do that since they have a bar??) or Bennigans or something like that? just trying to throw some ideas out there. Or even Tony's back side of the mall -- our belts might break from that though.
    Can't do a place that serves alcohol because of those without CPLs.

    We did Tony's in Birch Run, so that's an option.

    What does everybody think of Saturday the 8th instead?
    Yea, so, the 8th is a Sunday. I really meant Saturday the 7th.

    Doug, are you going to be there? That's a weekend buddy :P

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2

    Post imported post

    SQLtables wrote:
    viperar15 wrote:
    So Feb 12 looks good to me (or even that weekend if there is interest for that instead).

    Place for dinner? Bob Evans sounds good. there is also the Texan on State. or Applebees (not sure if we could do that since they have a bar??) or Bennigans or something like that? just trying to throw some ideas out there. Or even Tony's back side of the mall -- our belts might break from that though.
    Can't do a place that serves alcohol because of those without CPLs.

    We did Tony's in Birch Run, so that's an option.

    What does everybody think of Saturday the 8th instead?
    We do not want to go to the Texan !!!!!! it is a dump !!!

  24. #24
    Regular Member dougwg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,445

    Post imported post

    7th....

    I'll be there

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Flushing, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    27

    Post imported post

    I'm going to try to be there, when someone figures out where, there, is.


    hidehunter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •