• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dinner in Saginaw

SQLtables

imported post

This may be a bit soon, but some of the guys in Midland expressed interest in something in Saginaw. Also, a few people cancelled last minute, so maybe they'll make it to Saginaw.

I was thinking of giving it a couple of weeks and going for something around Thursday, February 12th, if we want to do another dinner. We could even hit the Bob Evans in Saginaw Township accross from Fashion Square Mall, since the Bob Evans in Midland was very accomodating.

So, here's the thread. Comment away.

Edited to make info easy to find per Dougs request:

Saginaw Michigan Bob Evans MOC Lunch

Where To Meet:Bob Evans Restaurant
Address:2832 Tittabawassee Road Saginaw, Michigan 48604
When:Saturday, February 7, 2009

Time:12:00 Noon

Map:MAP

SQLtables

imported post

dougwg wrote:
You know, some people still have jobs in Michigan.... not everyone has lost their job to china, mexico, canada, brazil, etc...

Why are these GTG's not held on the weekend? :banghead:

You know, some people don't work 9-5, M-F jobs ;)

I planned the Midland dinner for a weekday evening to get the weekend workers out. If there is more interest in something on the weekend in Saginaw, then that works for me.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SQLtables wrote:
dougwg wrote:
You know, some people still have jobs in Michigan.... not everyone has lost their job to china, mexico, canada, brazil, etc...

I planned the Midland dinner for a weekday evening to get the weekend workers out.  If there is more interest in something on the weekend in Saginaw, then that works for me.

Just don't make it on February 14th, lest we forget....

Taurus850CIA

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
dougwg wrote:

I planned the Midland dinner for a weekday evening to get the weekend workers out. If there is more interest in something on the weekend in Saginaw, then that works for me.
I assume M-F stands for Monday thru Friday, tho the first time I read it, a more appropriate term popped into my head...

jbone

imported post

dougwg wrote:
You know, some people still have jobs in Michigan....
I hope jobs still exist; I’m retiring from the Navy in a few months and thinking of heading back to my home area of Kalamazoo.

HPC9

imported post

Being from Saginaw, I can make it for anything. Weekends are good for me (but not for my wife). Week days after 5pm work for both of us, generally.

This time I WILL have reading materials. Even if that means running back home and getting them. :p

viperar15

imported post

after i got back in my car, i realized i had my laptop with me, but i didn't have any of the material dl'ed to it :p

but... i am available M-R anytime after 5pm. and Sa-Su anytime.
---- that is as long i dont have something to fix at work or a project came up on me.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
This may be a bit soon, but some of the guys in Midland expressed interest in something in Saginaw. Also, a few people cancelled last minute, so maybe they'll make it to Saginaw.

I was thinking of giving it a couple of weeks and going for something around Thursday, February 12th, if we want to do another dinner. We could even hit the Bob Evans in Saginaw Township accross from Fashion Square Mall, since the Bob Evans in Midland was very accomodating.

SQLtables, which one?

1) 2832 Tittabawassee Road Saginaw, Michigan 48604
2) 8466 Gratiot Road Saginaw, Michigan 48609
3) 6558 Gratiot Road Saginaw, Michigan 48638

viperar15

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
...Bob Evans in Saginaw Township accross from Fashion Square Mall...

SQLtables, which one?

so if memory serves me corectly (but i did move out of saginaw 8 - 10years ago)... the Fashion Sq Mall is on Titabawasee and nowhere near Gratiot. Unless... they picked up that mall and moved it to gratiot now?

hehe. ;-)

SpringerXDacp

imported post

viperar15 wrote:
SNIP
so if memory serves me corectly (but i did move out of saginaw 8 - 10years ago)... the Fashion Sq Mall is on Titabawasee and nowhere near Gratiot. Unless... they picked up that mall and moved it to gratiot now?

hehe. ;-)
Thanks Viper

SQLtables

imported post

viperar15 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
...Bob Evans in Saginaw Township accross from Fashion Square Mall...

SQLtables, which one?

hehe. ;-)
No, they moved the mall with a big crane.

SpringerXD, I'm talking about the one on Tittabawassee.

viperar15

imported post

springer, sorry... i was at work. and its been a long day. :) i'm still trying to figure out when i'll have a day at work that isn't monday....

sql - if they did that... it wouldn't upset me too much if the crane accidently dropped it and the place shattered to pieces... ;-)

mjanko

imported post

SQLtables wrote:

Hi guys Midland was a good time !! good to me everyone and go shooting !!I am up for Sag anytime I will be there !! I am looking at the post and learning your user names ,I think I have them for the most part . I see some guys from MGO here also !!I will watch the threads on this forum and learn about OC .

Matt

viperar15

imported post

So Feb 12 looks good to me (or even that weekend if there is interest for that instead).

Place for dinner? Bob Evans sounds good. there is also the Texan on State. or Applebees (not sure if we could do that since they have a bar??) or Bennigans or something like that? just trying to throw some ideas out there. Or even Tony's back side of the mall -- our belts might break from that though.

SQLtables

imported post

viperar15 wrote:
So Feb 12 looks good to me (or even that weekend if there is interest for that instead).

Place for dinner? Bob Evans sounds good. there is also the Texan on State. or Applebees (not sure if we could do that since they have a bar??) or Bennigans or something like that? just trying to throw some ideas out there. Or even Tony's back side of the mall -- our belts might break from that though.

Can't do a place that serves alcohol because of those without CPLs.

We did Tony's in Birch Run, so that's an option.

What does everybody think of Saturday the 8th instead?