• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dinner in Saginaw

Cowboy5995

imported post

Alright I will be going. I cant say if my friend will or not but I do have a question about holsters. I have a Springfield 1911a1 and it came with one of those plastic holsters. I know if I tighten down the hex screw it will provide adiquate retention. Now I have a military style holster that fits my 1911 better then the plastic holster however because the leather flap goes over the gun would that be concidered conealed?

http://onlinemilitaria.net/shopexd.asp?id=646&bc=no

XDBassist

imported post

Hey I'm gonna make an effort to be there on Feb. 7th. I just have to change my schedule a bit because I'm one of those weekend working people. So more than likely i'll be there but have to leave by, let's say, 2pm.

I think Bob Evans is a good choice. At the dinner in Midland, the Bob Evans staff was very courteous and gave us no problems...other than somewhat slow service. Which goes to show they probably weren't affraid of us.:DIMHO Bob Evans is an OC friendly restaurant until they prove to me otherwise.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Cowboy5995 wrote:
Alright I will be going. I cant say if my friend will or not but I do have a question about holsters. I have a Springfield 1911a1 and it came with one of those plastic holsters. I know if I tighten down the hex screw it will provide adiquate retention. Now I have a military style holster that fits my 1911 better then the plastic holster however because the leather flap goes over the gun would that be concidered conealed?

One of our members frequently wears his sidearm in a flap holster. ( Michigander , if I'm not mistaken ). Maybe he can chime in here...

conservative85

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
Cowboy5995 wrote:

One of our members frequently wears his sidearm in a flap holster. ( Michigander , if I'm not mistaken ). Maybe he can chime in here...
No it is not concealed the law states a holster is not considered concealed.
On a lighter note that there is a suicide holster, at least that's what we called it in the service
Oh and I can make the din-din.

Jonny008

imported post

Hey I'm originally from that town so I might just be able to make it there, and stop by the folks house too. I wouldn't want them to know I came to sag and not stopped in to say hi.

ruger45

imported post

put me down as possible.will know more later in the week.really screwed my back up at work.very good drugs to help in the prosses.

XDBassist

imported post

I will for sure be there. Gotta leave by 1400 though.

Also, if anyone in the tri cities or outlying areas...or anyone for that matter, ever wants a very cheap (dare I say free?) indoor range to shoot any pistols (except mag loads) and rimfire rifles, let me or SQLTables know. We're usually down for some range time.

Jonny008

imported post

Wheres this range at? Theirs not to many in sag, except for the gun club and field and stream which are both outside. By the way I'm interisted.

XDBassist

imported post

Oh sorry, it's not in Saginaw. It's in Midland. So Tables, looks like we need to set something up!

SQLtables

imported post

XDBassist wrote:
Oh sorry, it's not in Saginaw. It's in Midland. So Tables, looks like we need to set something up!

Sure thing.

Looks like we might have a decent turnout. Hopefully everybody who plans on being there can make it this time. It'd be nice to have that group of 15 that we had seating for in Midland

ETA: I'm also looking forward to getting a dot or two on the map :p

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

SQLtables wrote:

Done. At least in the general area of the events you have had.

ButI don't think we should put a dot at every place a few people have lunch or dinner. I have been trying to save dots for larger events that have been directed at educating as many people as possible. Generally I dot for events that have had a press release and a more formal presentation. I don't have any criteria for this, but I guess if you have a gathering of 15 or more peopleyou might be Dot worthy;).

If you have any suggestions on the prudent application of dotting please let me know.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Venator wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
ETA:  I'm also looking forward to getting a dot or two on the map :p

Done.  At least in the general area of the events you have had.

But I don't think we should put a dot at every place a few people have lunch or dinner.  I have been trying to save dots for larger events that have been directed at educating as many people as possible.  Generally I dot for events that have had a press release and a more formal presentation.  I don't have any criteria for this, but I guess if you have a gathering of 15 or more people you might be Dot worthy;).  

If you have any suggestions on the prudent application of dotting please let me know.

Well, I know my event didn't have an OC discussion or a press release...but we certainly had 24 people show up in Kalamazoo!

I'd love to have a more formal preso on OC, and am currently looking for locations to do that, as I've since had a number of people interested in the Kzoo area.

That said, I'm done thread hijacking. Carry on.

SQLtables

imported post

Venator wrote:
SQLtables wrote:

Done. At least in the general area of the events you have had.

ButI don't think we should put a dot at every place a few people have lunch or dinner. I have been trying to save dots for larger events that have been directed at educating as many people as possible. Generally I dot for events that have had a press release and a more formal presentation. I don't have any criteria for this, but I guess if you have a gathering of 15 or more peopleyou might be Dot worthy;).

I wasn't trying to tell you how to do your very important job, I just wanted a dot :cool: Thanks!