• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meeting of opencarry.orger from CT

uskrusader

imported post

I suggest we have a meeting of like-minded folks in Newington, CT. I suggest Ruth's Chris Steakhouse because Sean Hannity has told me to go there for years and I've never been.:D Furthermore, I suggest Monday, 16 Feb 09 (President's Day) at 1800hrs. Newington is central CT, and I love to gun shop there!

I DO NOT intend this to be an Open Carry event. I personally am not ready to risk my permit yet.....perhaps in the future as I learn more about how to do this without the potential of causing mass hysteria.

I intend this to be a meeting of folks interested in planning future open carry events, and/or creating a group of like minded law-abiding, gun toting patriots! (ie CT Defense League or something).

Please respond if you're interested!!
I look forward to meeting you all!

uskrusader

imported post

Posted: Thu Jan 22nd, 2009 06:37 pm

sfcret wrote: [/b]
I know we will all not be able to attend no mattewr what date you pick. This date does not work for me, will be out of state. Let us all know how this meeting goes. If Ruth Chris is to expense then consider Hops Restaurant, Bar & Brewery [size=-1] (Brewpub ) phone: 860-594-8808 fax: 860-594-8810 [/size]
3260 Berlin Turnpike
Newington,CT6111 http://www.hopsrestaurants.com/home/openmenu.asp

If folks here prefer to go cheaper....I'm in...whatever.

sfcret: no date is set in stone....when will you be back??Ourmovement will depend on people like you who are willing to make it happen.

If things work out....we'll have another event as soon as we can arrange it. I'm highly motivated to help get a grassroots movement started here like they're done in VA and NH...etc etc. Let's change attitudes in our communities!

Ruth's Chris or Hops Resturant?? please post if you have any interest regardless.....post your preferred dates and place.

I'm willing to tally up responses and come up with a meeting plan...if someone can't be part of it for whatever reason....whatever!! We'll organize another event later! I'll support any noble effort to advance the Open Carryorganization ormovement in CT!

I want tostart something in no later than March. (I need to get off my whining butt)

cheers and MOLON LABE!!

uskrusader

imported post

Posted: Thu Jan 22nd, 2009 07:54 pm

Fritter60 wrote: [/b]
What gun shops do you go to up here? I personally have never had a good experience at Newington Gun Exchange. I wouldn't mind the place you mentioned, but I had intended for it to be an open carry. To achieve the not losing our permits we were getting the ok from the owner before going to the place. Having said that I do not want people to feel pressured into open carrying. Only do what your comfortable with, I have opened carried at places like the Westfarms Mall as well as other places and have no problem doing so.
Bad luck at the Exchange?? wow. I usually browse at Hoffman's then get a better deal for the same item at the Newgtn Exchange.

OCing is fine by me of course... I'm simply not comfortable organizing an "open carry event" yet.....meaning the sole purpose of the event being "open carry". But if ppl want to OC at Ruth's Chris or Hops when we meet...all the power to em!! Perhaps they (you) will embolden me to do the same.

I just want to get a meet and greet organized quickly to get the balls rolling....I didn't want to stress about talking to managers, DPS, troopers, media, etc etc... I figured we'd start low-key....and then discuss future events and organizing.

For example, I'd love to see OC BBQ parties arount CT in the summer... organized the future "CT Citizen's Defense League"or something similar.

romma

imported post

We need a head count, and a firm decision on a eating joint... Time and date as well..

I am good with the suggested date and time above!

Fritter60

imported post

Yea this thread and the open carry dinner have basicly mereged and it seems like Feb 16th at Hops on the Berling Turnpike in Newington is the best choice. Come on out and meet everyone. Have a good time and great food:celebrate

romma

imported post

I emailed VCDL and sent them a request to hopefully share their accumulated wisdom in whatever capacity they could, be it in the form of committee structures, or other gathered knowledge...

Nothing wrong with a little help from some very wise and determined folks.

I will forward any response ASAP.

uskrusader

imported post

romma wrote:
I emailed VCDL and sent them a request to hopefully share their accumulated wisdom in whatever capacity they could, be it in the form of committee structures, or other gathered knowledge...

Nothing wrong with a little help from some very wise and determined folks.

I will forward any response ASAP.

Good to hear!, I was hoping folks would take initiative and look to the the other states for guidence.

I personnally have been very encourged and inspiried by the goings' on in NH. You guys ever watch the ridley report on the NH fourum? It'd be great to have a movement here like in NH or VA.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Just a suggestion - this has been a tried and tested method that keeps the thread "bumped" up, lets everybody see who is coming and how many people to expect. If the number is large, it lets us call ahead and let the staff know a day or so early.

Also creates a commitment of sorts as your peers expect you.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=20129&forum_id=54&jump_to=343894#p343894

Locally we prefer this to some of the avail off site registrations for the reasons stated above.

Recommend a separate thread which off course could be referenced on this one - repeatedly.

Yata hey