Thread: VCU's advice to students re: muggers

Post imported post

This is posted on a publication that is posted on the walls of the university's bathrooms, called "The Stall Seat Journal"

A student from New York came up with the “Two-Wallet Strategy” that he uses when out socializing. This strategy involves putting money and an ID into one wallet and putting money and a different ID into a second wallet or pocket. This way, if a mugger demands your money, you can give one wallet or pocket — but you will still have what’s in the other to help you get home.

Inspired by this student's strategy, we have created the “Safety Wallet.” It’s full of other innovative strategies for staying safe when you’re out socializing, such as the “Watch Your BAC” Strategy and the Party Smart Guide! You can get a free Safety Wallet at The Well as long as supplies last, so come by and pick one up!
    Link

I guess it kinda makes sense... you already have disarmed your students. How else can you make it easier for criminals and sociopaths? Train (and equip) the students to be better victims!

The only thing an armed mugger is getting from me is 230 grains of copper and lead.

A little more rant on my blog (and a shameless plug to get some hits)

EDIT: Link is working again

Post imported post

So now the robbers will demand a second wallet and may become violent to those who don't have two wallets.

Post imported post

I laughed out loud at this. This could possibly be one the dumbest ideas I've ever heard of.

Post imported post

acrimsontide wrote:
    So now the robbers will demand a second wallet and may become violent to those who don't have two wallets.
    Ding ding ding.

I use this strategy when I travel abroad, but it is stupid to advertise it. Now robbers will know

Stupidity of the government.

Post imported post

I don't carry an extra wallet.

I carry extra ammunition.

Post imported post

Ahhh....how I miss the Richmond City hippie scene.....*NOT*

Post imported post

Given the opportunity, I would like to market a type of wallet that has an exploding dye pack behind the fake $20 bills. (My packs would be short on dye and long on explosive).

Post imported post

acrimsontide wrote:
    Sounds like you need three wallets...

Post imported post

GWRedDragon wrote:
    acrimsontide wrote:
    Sounds like you need three wallets...
    Shhhhhhhhh.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
    Given the opportunity, I would like to market a type of wallet that has an exploding dye pack behind the fake $20 bills. (My packs would be short on dye and long on explosive).

Put me down for 10.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

"Safety Wallet"

These people care not that they are directly responsible for luring victims into a false sense of security. It makes me sick.
    Find businesses that are pro gun...and those that aren't. Friend or Foe - Version 2 is online!