• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCU's advice to students re: muggers

essayons

imported post

This is posted on a publication that is posted on the walls of the university's bathrooms, called "The Stall Seat Journal"

A student from New York came up with the “Two-Wallet Strategy” that he uses when out socializing. This strategy involves putting money and an ID into one wallet and putting money and a different ID into a second wallet or pocket. This way, if a mugger demands your money, you can give one wallet or pocket — but you will still have what’s in the other to help you get home.

Inspired by this student's strategy, we have created the “Safety Wallet.” It’s full of other innovative strategies for staying safe when you’re out socializing, such as the “Watch Your BAC” Strategy and the Party Smart Guide! You can get a free Safety Wallet at The Well as long as supplies last, so come by and pick one up!

Link

I guess it kinda makes sense... you already have disarmed your students. How else can you make it easier for criminals and sociopaths? Train (and equip) the students to be better victims!

The only thing an armed mugger is getting from me is 230 grains of copper and lead.

A little more rant on my blog (and a shameless plug to get some hits)

EDIT: Link is working again

acrimsontide

imported post

So now the robbers will demand a second wallet and may become violent to those who don't have two wallets.

hsmith

imported post

acrimsontide wrote:
So now the robbers will demand a second wallet and may become violent to those who don't have two wallets.
Ding ding ding.

I use this strategy when I travel abroad, but it is stupid to advertise it. Now robbers will know :lol:

Stupidity of the government.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Given the opportunity, I would like to market a type of wallet that has an exploding dye pack behind the fake $20 bills. (My packs would be short on dye and long on explosive).

:monkey

useful_idiot

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
Given the opportunity, I would like to market a type of wallet that has an exploding dye pack behind the fake $20 bills. (My packs would be short on dye and long on explosive).

:monkey
Put me down for 10. :cool:

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"Safety Wallet"

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

These people care not that they are directly responsible for luring victims into a false sense of security. It makes me sick.