• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MMM Advocacy Day

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I just recieved an email from the local MMM chapter (yes, I am a mole :lol:), below is the text of that email. Not sure how many folks they are expecting to have attend with only a few days notice:

Dear Virginia Member,
This Monday, January 26, please join the Virginia Million Mom March Chapters, Brady Campaign, Virginia Center for Public Safety, ProtestEasyGuns.com and other groups at our annual Advocacy Day in Richmond. Here are the details:
Please Join Us As We Call for Sensible Gun Laws on
ADVOCACY DAY 2009

We will be traveling to the State Capitol in Richmond to meet with our elected officials and ask them to enact sensible gun laws to help protect Virginia's families:

-Close the gun show loophole so that criminals and other ineligible buyers cannot buy guns without undergoing a background check.
Click here to tell the Courts of Justice Committee to pass SB 1257

-Keep guns out of our schools and off college campuses in the state.

-Oppose efforts to weaken Virginia's current gun laws.

Please join us and help make a difference. No experience needed!

Click below for their agenda/schedule
http://www.stategunlaws.org/pdf/2009-Advocacy-Day-Flyer.pdf

Maybe some of you Richmond folks can attend? I am seriously thinking of taking a day of leave to attend to counter lobby.