• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VT stabbing

CRF250rider1000

imported post

I just watched an online newscast of the press conference. There were seven people in the cafe in addition to the victim and murderer. It just amazes me how seven people could all just stand there and not even attempt to save this girl's life. They were just sitting down having coffee and he just stabs and fully decapitates her. It is just sickening how someone could do that. This just brings up a big "what if?" in my head. I can not wait until I am able to obtain my CHP:uhoh:

hunter45

imported post

I don't understand how they could all just sit there and watch. The guy had a knife, not a gun. They all could have just ambushed him and there wouldn't have been much he could do about it.

Did you guys know that when the VT massacre occurred, six of the students inside that building at the time of the shooting had handguns either in their car or in their home (don't know if they had a CWP, but I'd be willing to bet they did if their guns were sitting in their car)? I just found that out tonight. So had they been allowed to carry on campus, I'm sure at least a couple of those students would have been armed inside the building that morning and would have been able to stop Cho before he took 32 lives.

hsmith

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
I don't understand how they could all just sit there and watch. The guy had a knife, not a gun. They all could have just ambushed him and there wouldn't have been much he could do about it.

Did you guys know that when the VT massacre occurred, six of the students inside that building at the time of the shooting had handguns either in their car or in their home (don't know if they had a CWP, but I'd be willing to bet they did if their guns were sitting in their car)? I just found that out tonight. So had they been allowed to carry on campus, I'm sure at least a couple of those students would have been armed inside the building that morning and would have been able to stop Cho before he took 32 lives.

People have been taught to be good witnesses and not get involved.

Social conditioning.

eyesopened

imported post

I don't think I could just stand there if I see something like that happening. I may not be able to carry my firearm with me everywhere, but I have my pocket knife with me everywhere and if not that I at least have a pen. If anyone has seen Joe Pesci with a pen, then you know what I'm talking about...

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You guys must realize that true "sheepdogs" in society are a minority. Most people truly are sheep. Heck, most of my own family are sheep. There is nothing wrong with being a sheep, they just aren't mentally the same as the true sheepdogs.

I highly recommend everyone read On Killing and On Combat, by LTC Dave Grossman. Anyone who routinely carries a firearm needs to read these books, IMHO.

mpg9999

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
Cite please.

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

mpg9999 wrote:
hunter45 wrote:
Cite please.
I'd actually like to see that cited, too.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

SaltH2OHokie wrote:
mpg9999 wrote:
hunter45 wrote:
Did you guys know that when the VT massacre occurred, six of the students inside that building at the time of the shooting had handguns either in their car or in their home (don't know if they had a CWP, but I'd be willing to bet they did if their guns were sitting in their car)?
Cite please.
Who could learn that fact, that six present owned guns? That entity will not likely or easily release confirmation of their abuse of privilege and privacy.

hsmith

imported post

SaltH2OHokie wrote:
mpg9999 wrote:
hunter45 wrote:
Cite please.

He could possibly by extrapolating (guessing) the "percentage of gun owners" and those with chps and applying it to VT

dunno.

hunter45

imported post

One of the off-campus houses here at JMU was robbed at gunpoint last night. That's the third one in the last month or so. And there was also that murder that happened in the off campus housing about a month ago. You can bet that I'll have my guns in my house when I live off campus next fall.

hunter45

imported post

mpg9999 wrote:
hunter45 wrote:
Cite please.

Judge Pilanitono (sp?) on Fox News said this. I'll try to find the video.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
We do duplicate threads a bunch, but in defense of the OP of this thread the other thread was not at all descriptive. Lots of folks should brush up on the forum rules, but for those that start a new thread it's my advice that they take note to read carefully the part about making the thread descriptive.

hunter45

imported post

mpg9999 wrote:
hunter45 wrote:
I would bet he's either mistaken or he just made it up.

Well I know of at least one student who was in the building then that would have been armed if VT allowed CC on campus. There's a very good chance that there were at least five others that had guns in their car/home at the time.