• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying from MO To KS

patriottruck

imported post

I live in Missourianddrive into Kansas dailyand i want to be positive onthe laws oftraveling witha handgun from Missouri to Kansas? I keep it in my truck and unloaded while in kansas, which as far as i know is legal. Thanks

captainamerica

imported post

Unless you know the OC laws of each municipality in KS (just like MO) I believe your safest bet iswhat you are doing. Otherwise you need a CC permit. Someone will like confirm with more facts on KS than I.

patriottruck wrote:
I live in Missourianddrive into Kansas dailyand i want to be positive onthe laws oftraveling witha handgun from Missouri to Kansas? I keep it in my truck and unloaded while in kansas, which as far as i know is legal. Thanks

patriottruck

imported post

I appreciate it. I'm gonna keep doing what i'm doing for now, until i get some more info. Thanks

warlocke

imported post

patriottruck wrote:
I appreciate it. I'm gonna keep doing what i'm doing for now, until i get some more info. Thanks
sorry, i know this is an old thread, but i just got off the phone with ks ccw department, state law, unless you have a ccw, is that the gun needs to be unloaded, and the ammo and gun seperated and in a case locked in trunk or another unreachable location.