• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I OC and CC. Tell me why???

Tommy112403

imported post

Hey this is my first post just found you online tonight after an encounter i had earlier.

I both Oc and CC. I have never had any issuses OC but tell me why when I CC it never fails that someone see the gun outline thru my shirt or the grip sticking out and reacts in such a manner that makes a scene even to the point of haveingA LEOcalled on me resulting in me being watched and followed for the remainder of the time in public?

It is just so frustrating that i CC in restraunts and such so as not to draw the attention of children and inturn their freaked out parents (even though i am usually with my son and wife) for the even more outragious reaction when my CC becomes visibal. It almost makes me just want to OC constantly instead of CC.

Is this a common problem or just my bad luck?

chp_kyborn

imported post

This is pretty easy. When you hide something people think it is wrong. A person is smart. People are dumb.If you have it out for them to see they figure you are supposed to have it. If it is not then they think you are not allowed to have it.

JohnKelly

imported post

If your CC'ing and the gun is visible through your shirt then you're doing something wrong. Try a thicker, darker shirt or one that is more loose-fitting. Also try moving the gun to a different position.

It is best to "dress around the gun" then CC'ing to avoid situations such as this. Some clothes simply won't work.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What is it that we tell people? "Only LAC OC, the bad guys always CC." Maybe we're getting through to the public. Now, maybe,they think that anyone that CC's is a bad guy.

If Oc gets you less "unwanted" attention, perhaps we are winning the battle for "bearing arms". Just OC all the time and make the public feel better.

superdemon

imported post

Tommy112403 wrote:
Hey this is my first post just found you online tonight after an encounter i had earlier.

I both Oc and CC. I have never had any issuses OC but tell me why when I CC it never fails that someone see the gun outline thru my shirt or the grip sticking out and reacts in such a manner that makes a scene even to the point of haveingA LEOcalled on me resulting in me being watched and followed for the remainder of the time in public?

It is just so frustrating that i CC in restraunts and such so as not to draw the attention of children and inturn their freaked out parents (even though i am usually with my son and wife) for the even more outragious reaction when my CC becomes visibal. It almost makes me just want to OC constantly instead of CC.

Is this a common problem or just my bad luck?

I have carried everydayof my life for 15 years, and not one person has noticed when I CC.

You are not doing it properly.

zer0cool

imported post

Ummm.... Maybe your doing it wrong? I'm all for OC and CC but if your CC then make sure your doing it right. Otherwise you cause unwanted attention to yourself. Inadvertently your making yourself look like a criminal. If you CC you have to remember that you must "dress around the gun." you cant wear a tighter t-shirt and a pancake holster on the outside of your pants and put the shirt over it... Its going to print and stick out like a sore thumb. When I CC with a tshirt i use an Inside Waistband Holster (IWB). With this the front of the gun is in your pants and the butt of it is covered by your shirt. If you have to CC make sure you have the proper clothes and proper holster to do so effectively.

Like the picture, Except ALWAYS where a belt. If not, within 4 steps your pants will be sagging and your gun will be sticking out. Depending on what neighborhood you live in, that may or may not be normal to those around you.