• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need something cleared up for open carry in general

Ruger Fan

imported post

When going OC in NC is it legal or illegal to have a round in the chamber? I've been building myself up for my first REAL OC outing by checking for "No Weapons" signs in the places I normally frequent to minimize potential hassles and such but this subject came up in a discussion I was having with some friends and family and I wanted to find a clear answer.

partemisio

imported post

It is legal in NC. I think it would be kind of stupid to have to rack your pistol after somebody starts shooting at you rather than just pulling the trigger when they first pull the gun out.

Ruger Fan

imported post

partemisio wrote:
It is legal in NC. I think it would be kind of stupid to have to rack your pistol after somebody starts shooting at you rather than just pulling the trigger when they first pull the gun out.
That's whatI thought and was my arguement during the conversations mentioned. A waste of precious time that should be spent pulling the trigger.