• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Purchased New gun today, Sherrff asked to inspect the gun.

LaVere

imported post

Purchased New gun today, Sheriff asked to inspect the gun. I was only there to drop off the paper work Form RI-060. You know the new no inspection paper work.

(Back up one hour) The place I bought it from a brick and morter place. AFTER I paid and did all of the checks. He said as I was leaving. " Don't forget to take your gun in with you when you drop off the paper work. I said to myself what is he talking about. The law had changed.

Let me see, I can mail in the paper work and no one will ask about the gun but if I act as my own currier. I have to show them the gun. Well now I sure
was not going to show them my new gun. I would have walk out and mailed in the paper work.

I stopped at the Genesee Count Sheriff and told the counter lady I wanted to drop off the forms. She asked for my gun but before I could say anything. She said I need to go to the Flint police.

I stopped at the Flint police. This lady asked to help me. I showed her the form and ask to drop them off. And she just took them, no questions asked.

Now I ask what is going on. Do we need to show the gun or not. Why did one ask and the other not.

This constant total confusion about all gun laws and rights. Misinformation disinformation, lies, half knowledge even truths. How can anyone ever hope to follow the laws when the law makers/ enforcers don't what they are.

To me the answer is simple. You think about .

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

LaVere wrote:
Purchased New gun today, Sheriff asked to inspect the gun. I was only there to drop off the paper work Form RI-060. You know the new no inspection paper work.

(Back up one hour) The place I bought it from a brick and morter place. AFTER I paid and did all of the checks. He said as I was leaving. " Don't forget to take your gun in with you when you drop off the paper work. I said to myself what is he talking about. The law had changed.

Let me see, I can mail in the paper work and know one ask about the gun but if I act as my own currier I have to show them the gun. Well now I sure
was not going to show them my new gun. I would have walk out and mailed it in.

I stopped at the Genesee Count Sheriff and told the counter lady I wanted to drop off the forms. She asked for my gun but before I could say anything. She said I need to go to the Flint police.

I stopped at the Flint police. This lady asked to help me. I showed her the form and ask to drop them off. And she just took them, no questions asked.

Now I ask what is going on. Do we need to show the gun or not. Why did one ask and the other not.

This constant total confusion about all gun laws and rights. Miss information disinformation, lies, half knowledge even truths. How can anyone ever hope to follow the laws when the law makers/ enforcers don't what they are.

To me the answer is simple. You think about .

You do not have to show the gun. But the Sheriff department should have taken your forms. YOU have the option to go to your local PD or the sheriff.

They are still learning, old habits die hard and remember this old habit has been around a looooong time.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Venator wrote:
SNIP

You do not have to show the gun. But the Sheriff department should have taken your forms. YOU have the option to go to your local PD or the sheriff.

They are still learning, old habits die hard and remember this old habit has been around a looooong time.

I suspect GCSD is confused per 28.422a (2), in pertinent part:

The purchaser shall receive 3 copies of the record and forward 2 copies to the police department of the city, village, or township in which the purchaser resides, or, if the purchaser does not reside in a city, village, or township having a police department, to the county sheriff, within 10 days following the purchase or acquisition.

With LaVere residing in Flint, GCSD believes he is required to submit RI-60's to City of Flint PD.

LaVere

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Venator wrote:
SNIP

I suspect GCSD is confused per 28.422a (2), in pertinent part:

The purchaser shall receive 3 copies of the record and forward 2 copies to the police department of the city, village, or township in which the purchaser resides, or, if the purchaser does not reside in a city, village, or township having a police department, to the county sheriff, within 10 days following the purchase or acquisition.

With LaVere residing in Flint, GCSD believes he is required to submit RI-60's to City of Flint PD.

Update .................

The store that sold me the pistol restated that I have to take the gun in, to show the clerk. I kindly stated that is not so and to please check with the ATTY General or State police.

I also called the Sheriff Dept She told me They WOULD like to see the serial number to make sure they are correct. ( Ya Right) I said no way. I also asked her to contact an Atty General or the State police. She got an attitude about that.

I think I'll go down there Monday and see what their policy really is. God I hate doing thing like this, but it must be done. But God I hate it.
If I call please send bail ASAP :banghead: The Icon is what I feel like most of the time dealing with Government .

Did I say I hate it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!