Thread: Open Carry Bill to be introduced in Arkansas! Keep hitting this poll!

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

http://arkansasmatters.com/content/f...ws/?cid=182161with video and poll

--

Open Carry Law in Arkansas?

Reported by: Lauren Trager, KARK 4 News
    Friday, Jan 23, 2009 @06:16pm CST

A gun and holster used to be a part of every western wear outfit. But the visible gun on the hip many be making a come back in in Arkansas.

A gun and holster used to be a part of every western wear outfit. But the visible gun on the hip many be making a come back in Arkansas.

More than 900 people have signed an online petition to lift the ban on Arkansas' open carry law. Open carry means a persons' gun is in plain view. Right now, Arkansas is one of only 6 states that explicitly banned open carry.

Representative Mark Martin of prairie grove is drafting legislation to lift Arkansas' ban on open carry weapons. He says one reason is that many people don't know you can't open carry right now. But others have mixed reactions.

“Another reason to open carry is that it provides law enforcement the ability to see who's carrying a firearm,” said Representative Martin.

"The problem I have with open carry is anybody can grab it and run with it where as conceal carry, you've got it concealed and it’s easy to get to quickly," said Don Hill of Don’s Weaponry in North Little Rock.

Representative Martin says he'll work with people on both sides of the issue to make sure it doesn't negatively impact current gun laws.
    [font=Arial]

Post imported post

It's about time that this got done. As for the owner of Don's, I'll just say that many of my friend and I will never go into his place again. Not because of the interview, rather because of his attitude in the past.

Post imported post

Yes..68.1%. pretty good number.

Post imported post

I just saw the video, and it doesn't sound like he is against open carry, in fact he gave quite a compelling argument for open carry. We have to keep in mind that openly wearing guns is a return to a nearly forgotten past. We can only hope that our new Usurper in Chief sees which way the political winds are blowing and decides to go with the flow.lol

Post imported post

The argument of open carry vs. concealed carry is a false one - both have advantages and disadvantages, including tactical advantages and disadvantages. The whole debate is much like the Miller beer "tastes great, less filling debate - both sides are right - gun owners deserve the right to choose.

And politically and socially, it's about time gun carry comes out of the closet where some think it shold remain like itssome dirty little secret.

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    The argument of open cary vs. concealed carry is a false one - both have advantages and disadvantages, including tactical advantages and disadvantages. The whole debate is much like the Miller beer "tastes great, less filling debate - both sides are right - gun owners deserve teh right to choose.

And politically and socially, it's about time gun carry comes out of the closet like itsa dirty little secret.
    +1

Voted yes-- 69.4% now
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

Voted yes! We're pulling for ya, remember we're all in this together!

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    http://arkansasmatters.com/content/f...ws/?cid=182161

"The problem I have with open carry is anybody can grab it and run with it where as conceal carry, you've got it concealed and it’s easy to get to quickly," said Don Hill of Don’s Weaponry in North Little Rock.

Stated while he was openly carrying!

Post imported post

Nice observation.... I don't need to watch to remember that. Tooo rediculous.

Post imported post

SOOOOOOOOOOO,,,following this line of reasoning,,,the police should carry concealed, right?

Post imported post

Nichols Creek wrote:
    At least Don was open carrying at the time and gave the other side of the argument too (deterrance).

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    Nichols Creek wrote:
    At least Don was open carrying at the time and gave the other side of the argument too (deterrance).
    Agreed

Post imported post

59.3% Yes and 40. something %No. That's a pretty good lead. I don't live there butI voted Yes anyway.

I love the comment: "anybody can run with it..." From somebody who dunno squat about OC holsters (or the consequences of the attempt)no doubt. I see he works inna gun store... (but prob'ly has NEVER OC'd beyond the door).

Post imported post

Voted Yes

Yes 58.7% No 41.3%

Post imported post

You have waited long enough... Now it's time to go to work!

http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/assembly/2009/R/Pages/BillInformation.aspx?measureno=HB2184