• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Bill to be introduced in Arkansas! Keep hitting this poll!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://arkansasmatters.com/content/fulltext/news/?cid=182161with video and poll

--

Open Carry Law in Arkansas?

Reported by: Lauren Trager, KARK 4 News
Friday, Jan 23, 2009 @06:16pm CST

A gun and holster used to be a part of every western wear outfit. But the visible gun on the hip many be making a come back in in Arkansas.

A gun and holster used to be a part of every western wear outfit. But the visible gun on the hip many be making a come back in Arkansas.

More than 900 people have signed an online petition to lift the ban on Arkansas' open carry law. Open carry means a persons' gun is in plain view. Right now, Arkansas is one of only 6 states that explicitly banned open carry.

Representative Mark Martin of prairie grove is drafting legislation to lift Arkansas' ban on open carry weapons. He says one reason is that many people don't know you can't open carry right now. But others have mixed reactions.

“Another reason to open carry is that it provides law enforcement the ability to see who's carrying a firearm,” said Representative Martin.

"The problem I have with open carry is anybody can grab it and run with it where as conceal carry, you've got it concealed and it’s easy to get to quickly," said Don Hill of Don’s Weaponry in North Little Rock.

Representative Martin says he'll work with people on both sides of the issue to make sure it doesn't negatively impact current gun laws.

sharps_74

imported post

It's about time that this got done. As for the owner of Don's, I'll just say that many of my friend and I will never go into his place again. Not because of the interview, rather because of his attitude in the past.

Tex

imported post

I just saw the video, and it doesn't sound like he is against open carry, in fact he gave quite a compelling argument for open carry. We have to keep in mind that openly wearing guns is a return to a nearly forgotten past. We can only hope that our new Usurper in Chief sees which way the political winds are blowing and decides to go with the flow.lol

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

The argument of open carry vs. concealed carry is a false one - both have advantages and disadvantages, including tactical advantages and disadvantages. The whole debate is much like the Miller beer "tastes great, less filling debate - both sides are right - gun owners deserve the right to choose.

And politically and socially, it's about time gun carry comes out of the closet where some think it shold remain like itssome dirty little secret.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Mike wrote:
The argument of open cary vs. concealed carry is a false one - both have advantages and disadvantages, including tactical advantages and disadvantages. The whole debate is much like the Miller beer "tastes great, less filling debate - both sides are right - gun owners deserve teh right to choose.

And politically and socially, it's about time gun carry comes out of the closet like itsa dirty little secret.
+1

Voted yes-- 69.4% now

Nichols Creek

imported post

"The problem I have with open carry is anybody can grab it and run with it where as conceal carry, you've got it concealed and it’s easy to get to quickly," said Don Hill of Don’s Weaponry in North Little Rock.

SOOOOOOOOOOO,,,following this line of reasoning,,,the police should carry concealed, right?:banghead:

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Nichols Creek wrote:
At least Don was open carrying at the time and gave the other side of the argument too (deterrance).

Nichols Creek

imported post

Mike wrote:
Nichols Creek wrote:
At least Don was open carrying at the time and gave the other side of the argument too (deterrance).
Agreed

Sonora Rebel

imported post

59.3% Yes and 40. something %No. That's a pretty good lead. I don't live there butI voted Yes anyway.

I love the comment: "anybody can run with it..." From somebody who dunno squat about OC holsters (or the consequences of the attempt)no doubt. I see he works inna gun store... (but prob'ly has NEVER OC'd beyond the door).