• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC/CCW on Havasupai Res. in Grand Canyon N.P.

sigbear

imported post

I want to visit the Grand Canyon Nat'l Park with my wife and daughter, and hike to the[font="Georgia,Verdana,Times New Roman"] Havasu Falls on the Havasupai Indian Reservation, with a OC/CCW, however, when I call the tribal police to find out if OC/CCW is legal on the Reservation, [/font][font="Georgia,Verdana,Times New Roman"]I keep getting the run around.

I was told to call back in April by the answering service, but, I want to book a trip now for April. I will visit and spend my money elsewhere if I can't OC/CCW on the reservation.

Anyone have information on the [/font][font="Georgia,Verdana,Times New Roman"]Havasupai Indian Reservation and OC/CCW?

Sigbear
[/font]

r6-rider

imported post

yea... from personal experience i would have to say NO on the reservation. i stay as far away as possible from those guys. im not being racist toward indians but they dont like white guys to much and if you have a gun on their land they can (and most likely will) take it and you will never see it again. even if they told me i could carry, i wouldnt

GWbiker

imported post

IMHO, it's not a good idea to OC a handgun on an Arizona Indian Reservation. It's their land, their own laws and their own Police, who can be a bit nasty when provoked.

A few Apache Reservations allow hunting on their land, after first obtaining a permit and the services of a local guide.

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just Conceal it, better have it with you than not. I have been told that by different County Deputies. Not like they are going to be searching you for no reason.

ChpprPilot136

imported post

NO on guns in the village or in the park. I have flown into there many times and i have been told by many NO firearms or alcohol. They do have their own police, judge, and court down in the canyon...better not let ANYONE know its there, or just not take it. hope this helps...on another note, it is beautiful down at the falls! hope you have a good time. if you have any other questions let me know, i have worked with the village a couple times and flown for them. hope this helps