Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paranoia. What paranoia?

12 22.64%
  • Not too bad.

15 28.30%
  • Kinda bad.

2 3.77%
  • I have guns and these people scare me.

7 13.21%
  • What are you doing in my compound?

17 32.08%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How deep is the paranoia on this board

Post imported post

Just wondering?

Post imported post

Is carrying a spare tire in the trunk of your vehicle being paranoid ?

I'd say most of what I read on this site could be classified as capable

Post imported post

Well, I haven't started work on my command bunker yet, but I did a couple of sketches on a bar napkin...

-ljp

Post imported post

The claymores have arrived, and the moat is about done.

All in order to keep that pesky neighborhood cat out of my yard mind you.

Post imported post

It isn't paranoia when they really ARE out to get you.

Loaded and locked...
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

D94R wrote:
    The claymores have arrived, and the moat is about done.

All in order to keep that pesky neighborhood cat out of my yard mind you.
    Cat... Did someone mention a cat... Suggestion for your cat problem
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

If it is paranoia, maybe more people should catch it....Probably would have help in Belguim at that daycare center.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090123/...gium_stabbings

Post imported post

Notice the reading mentioned (Thats something you read about happening in America, not here)

There ain't no changing the values of Obama, the only thing that'll keep us on a safe track is an impeachment of some sort!?!?!

Post imported post

I want different choices.

Post imported post

We certainly have some sometimes vocal members who would fall into that category. But I think the question is worded too broadly to fairly answer. Proportional to the entire forum I don't think it is very deep. Within certain threads and with certain people, I think I would be well served to own stock in Reynold's Wrap.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

I'm only paranoid because everyone is out to screw me!

Post imported post

I would answer......... But I'm afraid to.

Post imported post

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they are not really out to get me.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Why do you want to know? Who do you work for?

You're one of them aren't you?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Oh, I get it.

You're a rep for the pharmaceutical industry. Looking to make patient referrals are you?

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Oh, I get it.

You're a rep for the pharmaceutical industry. Looking to make patient referrals are you?

SSSSHHHHHHHHHH! Dont give me away.

Post imported post

If you were in my compound this poll would be the least of your worries.

Post imported post

Exactly why do you want to know?

Did somebody put you up to asking this question? :shock:

Who are you workingfor?

Post imported post

I'm not sure paranoia is the right term,disgruntled citizen might be more accurate.I would have responded sooner but the tinfoil bodysuit is a little combersome.

Post imported post

altajava wrote:
    I'm not sure paranoia is the right term,disgruntled citizen might be more accurate.I would have responded sooner but the tinfoil bodysuit is a little combersome.
    Oh tinfoil, and I was wondering why I was getting strange looks in my saran-wrap bodysuit! And I was wondering why 'they' were still able to read my thoughts! No-one told me I was supposed to wear clothes under the bodysuit too!!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion, but rather default to your level of training.

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

Post imported post

I guess the clarification question would be, paranoid about what?

Paranoid that the government is going to further restrict our RKBA? If you're not worried about that you're not paying attention.

Paranoid, and that's the reason we carry a gun? No, I think most everyone here's got their head on reasonably straight for their reasons to carry. Haven't really seen anyone here citing true paranoid reasons for carrying. It's just a tool.

...Orygunner...

Post imported post

Orygunner wrote:
    I guess the clarification question would be, paranoid about what?

Paranoid that the government is going to further restrict our RKBA? If you're not worried about that you're not paying attention.

Paranoid, and that's the reason we carry a gun? No, I think most everyone here's got their head on reasonably straight for their reasons to carry. Haven't really seen anyone here citing true paranoid reasons for carrying. It's just a tool.

...Orygunner...
    I wouldn't say paranoid for carrying a gun. Then i'd be calling myself paranoid. I'd say the "hardcores" who think the government can actually take their guns. One of the main reasons being "they have a gun!" But also the fact that a constitutional amendment would be needed which would have to include a 2/3 majority of states (impossible).

Secondly the poll was for fun, so some could discuss their compounds.

Post imported post

stanicus wrote:
    I'd say the "hardcores" who think the government can actually take their guns. One of the main reasons being "they have a gun!" But also the fact that a constitutional amendment would be needed which would have to include a 2/3 majority of states (impossible).
    Since the US government has effectively ignored the constitution for most of the last 200 years, what makes you think anyone in Washington DC (or a lot of other places) would even bother giving lip service to it when they decide to disarm us.

Show me in the constitution where 99% of the current "laws" and government functions are authorized. Show me where the constitution was amended to allow the government to print fiat money and set up the Federal reserve.

They don't need no stinkin' amendment. They just need good people to be ignorant of their rights and unwilling to fight for them. When they can rob you and me to give bread and circus to the masses, they've got all the power they want.

Remember this
    Quote from volume 1, page 13, note 5 of Solzhenitsyn's Gulag Archipelago:
    "And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? After all, you knew ahead of time that those bluecaps were out at night for no good purpose. And you could be sure ahead of time that you'd be cracking the skull of a cutthroat. Or what about the Black Maria sitting out there on the street with one lonely chauffeur -- what if it had been driven off or its tires spiked. The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!"
    Paranoia is the result of unfounded fears. This is not unfounded. It's history - and it's about to repeat itself... hopefully with a different outcome.
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Post imported post

Stanicus points up. That's what i'm talking about. You try to have nice conversations about open carry/crazy people and people hop in and compare our current situation to Russian forced labor camps. Is it that bad in your state? Maybe things are different outside of good ol' heavily armed Indiana?

Post imported post

It's not paranoia when they really are out to get us!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast