• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How deep is the paranoia on this board

How deep is the paranoia on this board

• Paranoia. What paranoia?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not too bad.

• Kinda bad.

• I have guns and these people scare me.

• What are you doing in my compound?

• Total voters

Orygunner

imported post

I guess the clarification question would be, paranoid about what?

Paranoid that the government is going to further restrict our RKBA? If you're not worried about that you're not paying attention.

Paranoid, and that's the reason we carry a gun? No, I think most everyone here's got their head on reasonably straight for their reasons to carry. Haven't really seen anyone here citing true paranoid reasons for carrying. It's just a tool.

...Orygunner...

stanicus

imported post

Orygunner wrote:
I guess the clarification question would be, paranoid about what?

Paranoid that the government is going to further restrict our RKBA? If you're not worried about that you're not paying attention.

Paranoid, and that's the reason we carry a gun? No, I think most everyone here's got their head on reasonably straight for their reasons to carry. Haven't really seen anyone here citing true paranoid reasons for carrying. It's just a tool.

...Orygunner...
I wouldn't say paranoid for carrying a gun. Then i'd be calling myself paranoid. I'd say the "hardcores" who think the government can actually take their guns. One of the main reasons being "they have a gun!" But also the fact that a constitutional amendment would be needed which would have to include a 2/3 majority of states (impossible).

Secondly the poll was for fun, so some could discuss their compounds. :)

MamaLiberty

imported post

stanicus wrote:
I'd say the "hardcores" who think the government can actually take their guns. One of the main reasons being "they have a gun!" But also the fact that a constitutional amendment would be needed which would have to include a 2/3 majority of states (impossible).
Since the US government has effectively ignored the constitution for most of the last 200 years, what makes you think anyone in Washington DC (or a lot of other places) would even bother giving lip service to it when they decide to disarm us.

Show me in the constitution where 99% of the current "laws" and government functions are authorized. Show me where the constitution was amended to allow the government to print fiat money and set up the Federal reserve.

They don't need no stinkin' amendment. They just need good people to be ignorant of their rights and unwilling to fight for them. When they can rob you and me to give bread and circus to the masses, they've got all the power they want.

Remember this
Quote from volume 1, page 13, note 5 of Solzhenitsyn's Gulag Archipelago:
"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? After all, you knew ahead of time that those bluecaps were out at night for no good purpose. And you could be sure ahead of time that you'd be cracking the skull of a cutthroat. Or what about the Black Maria sitting out there on the street with one lonely chauffeur -- what if it had been driven off or its tires spiked. The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!"

Paranoia is the result of unfounded fears. This is not unfounded. It's history - and it's about to repeat itself... hopefully with a different outcome.

stanicus

imported post

Stanicus points up. That's what i'm talking about. You try to have nice conversations about open carry/crazy people and people hop in and compare our current situation to Russian forced labor camps. Is it that bad in your state? Maybe things are different outside of good ol' heavily armed Indiana?

compmanio365

imported post

stanicus wrote:
Stanicus points up. That's what i'm talking about. You try to have nice conversations about open carry/crazy people and people hop in and compare our current situation to Russian forced labor camps. Is it that bad in your state? Maybe things are different outside of good ol' heavily armed Indiana?
It has nothing to do with anything at a state level. It's thePresident of the freaking country who has an agenda to remove guns from every person who isn't an agent of the government. That's where our "paranoia" comes from. Let's turn a liberal phrase that's been used for the past 8 years around on them; it's certainly true for gun owners everywhere that "If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention!" Or are just delusional.....either way. :banghead:

MamaLiberty

imported post

stanicus wrote:
I guess you didn't notice that I'm in the heavily armed and relatively free state of Wyoming. We want to keep it that way.

The Nazi camps and gulags didn't spring up like mushrooms overnight. The people were systematically disarmed by oh so "reasonable" stages and rhetoric from their "glorious leaders." Then they died.

Some of us don't intend to wait that long.

I carry openly all the time, everywhere I go. I'm an NRA certified instructor for handguns and self defense.

I'm not going the "reasonable" route to the death camps. Oh, they can kill me of course. But I will die as I have lived, an individual sovereign and free instead of a starving slave.

Sorry to break up your little joke. Some of us don't really find it too funny.

ScottyT

imported post

Preparedness is often called paranoia by those who are not prepared.

I readily acknowledge that there are some very paranoid people out there, but can you ever be too prepared?

Orygunner

imported post

I agree with mamaliberty. They won't just exert total control in one fell swoop, like an enemy blitz. They will lie, and mislead, and play on the public majority's wishes for safety and security, poisoning public perception to eventually attempt to disarm the people...

Some people are vocally paranoid that "Obama's administration is going to come take your guns!" Those that scheme to disarm us KNOW that will never work!The majority of public opinion would be against that sudden move, and those thatkeep crying"Obama will take our guns!" are Obama was telling the truth, he's not going to come take any of our guns away!

They have to "boil the frog slowly" to keep the public from realizing what they're doing. For the last 80 years, the government has been slowly turning up the temperature under the pot. Not just from adding more and more gun laws, but through conditioning the public to think the government's job is to protect us (instead of protect our rights).

England, Australia, and Canada's brainwashing must have started much earlier, but make no mistake we are headed down the same path if we can't get the majority of Americans to see the truth of what's going on and give a damn about where this country is headed.

...Open Carry is just one way to spread the truth...MORE must be done, or the tyrants will win and the People will lose...
...Orygunner...