• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A plea to all pro 2A Texans

SilentKTexan

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I did a search for open carry in Texas and found that someone copied and pasted one of my posts on this forum regarding an e-mail I received from the NRA...

It appears that there is a lot of anger/frustration/fighting amongst the various 2A groups in Texas.

The argument from some is that opencarry.org members are just a bunch of amateurs that don't know what they are doing (We know what we want to do). I counter that argument by saying that this is the way the system SHOULD work. People shouldn't NEED a big organization in order to have change.

Please review http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasC...sid=511090bed07b08f83573b1bda13bbc4d&start=15

There is a post by SA-TX on page 2 of the thread that everyone should read. I know it seems like chaos around opencarry.org at times but it is with the best of intentions and after all it is a grass roots efforts.

We really do all need to work together.

I planned on a much longer post but instead I just ask that you read the one from the link I provided.

With that said I have had a change of heart regarding TSRA and ask that all opencarry.org members do the same. I will be joining as a lifetime member near the end of this month and ask that all of you at least join them on some level.

We have brought this issue to the table and much respect has be earned because of it. Great job everyone!

SilentKTexan

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

We will always have disagreements. The only difference between most of us is that our lists are numbered differently.

I do hope that the relationship the TSRA has with legislators hasn't been harmed. It would be very easy for them to say "Hey TSRA, what is this all about? I'm getting a lot of e-mails regarding open carry from my constituents but none from you or the NRA"

Let's just calm down with the back and forth arguing and acknowledge everyone's effort and support each other so that several years from now we can look back and all have a reason to pat each other on the back.

It's not that the TSRA doesn't want to support open carry... It's just that Texans have finally started speaking up about it and wanting it to happen. So as others have said, join them and then tell them what you want.

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Good post and Good on you, SA-TX.

I think what Charles was missing or simply wasn't admitting is that there has been a great deal of snide, chiding comments on both sides of the OC issue. I think we've gotten just as many harsh and uncalled for comments from self-described pro-2a people as we have from through and through anti's.

SA-TX

Centurion
imported post

DopaVash wrote:
Good post and Good on you, SA-TX.

I think what Charles was missing or simply wasn't admitting is that there has been a great deal of snide, chiding comments on both sides of the OC issue. I think we've gotten just as many harsh and uncalled for comments from self-described pro-2a people as we have from through and through anti's.
Thank you. I agree that there has been too much fighting amongst ourselves. That was the main point of my post. :shock: I simply wanted everyone to know that, like many OCDO folks, I had intentionally held off joining TSRA. After hearing why they operate the way that they do and in consideration of all that they have done to bring the CHL process to where it is in Texas, I decided that my approach was misguided. I was failing to participate where my voice was needed. If TSRA needs members to speak up for OC for it to become a priority, I'll start. :cool: Additionally, I need to lend my support to the college and parking lot carry. Only by joining together do we give ALL pro-2A issues the best opportunity to succeed. I extend a warm invitation to everyone here to join SilentKTexan and me.

sheepdog

imported post

...it's like we're tryin' to get chewing gum allowed at school and then we end up in a gum-throwing fight over which flavor is best....

I prefer Concealed Carry...don't understand Skeet shooting...don't hunt Caribou...but I'll stand by ANY 2A cause...because we're all fighting for the same rights...we just excercise them differently...viva la difference...it's all 2A...if OC passes...it strengthens us all and educates the public better that 2A is important...if we fight over the details, we can lose the whole battle...don't matter what kinda rifle or who loads it...let's just get it loaded and fight a good fight...we'll discuss differences after the win over pizza and beer....never been more true that united we stand...divided we fall...