Thread: OPEN CARRIED FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!

Post imported post

so i was traveling from florida to arizona, and i couldn't wait until i got to new mexico. i CC'd the whole way, but when i crossed over the state line, that's when the "fun" began..(so to speak).

when i crossed the line to arizona, i stopped near tuscon, and went to a texaco, and this was like 12am. i walked in, and the guy said nothin, he glanced at it, but didn't say anything. and i walked out and left.

that was friday night- today, i realized i forgot my phone charger when i stopped at a buddies in dallas. so i had to go to walmart. i'm in yuma, i went to the walmart on i8 off exit 7 or something. anwyays...as i'm walkin from my car with my buddy, i hear a guy 1 go "yeah he does!" and his friend, guy 2, goes "no he doesn't". guy one then says, "yes he does, i'm lookin at right now. it's on his hip, it's not even covered!" guy 2 is like, "yeah i guess he does" and they walked to their car. went in and got my charger, and a couple people looked at me, but didn't say anything. then i got in line to pay, and the girl was very polite. i don't think she noticed because i was behind that wall part. but when m buddy was payin for his stuff, i stepped towards the bags, and we were all still talkin, and she looked at my, and then at my XD 40, and then back at me, and goes, "soo...are you border patrol or a cop?" and i'm like, "neither". and she's like, "really? your not?" i'm like, "yeah". so she goes, "well, then what are you?" and i said, "i'm just a citizen." and she's like, "really? wow." i said, "yeah, in arizona it's legal for me to carry this." and then she said, "oh wow, you learn somethin new every day." and we said bye and that was it.

that was it. good experience. i wasn't sweatin or anything like i was when i did it the first time in new mexico. great experience! i'm glad i got to "visucate" the public!!!

where's everybody from YUMA???
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Post imported post

Sounds like you had a good experience.

Law enforcement are civilians as well... I think you meant to say "citizen"
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Post imported post

yeah that's what i said i don't know why i wrote civilian. i'll edit it
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post imported post

You said that You weren't sweating...
    May I respectfully ask, Why should you be sweating?
    You weren't doing anything illegal or morally wrong were you?
    My point being that since it is LEGAL to openly carry in AZ
    we need to stop wigging-out as if it were somehow not acceptable.
    If other people exhibit a problem with our lawful behavior,
    then THEY are at fault, not us...
    I recently moved from Cali to AZ. so I can empathize with your
    missed-placed guilt. However, we are now in AZ. and AZ.
    is not yet as far-gone as cali and other states yet...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Never pick a fight with an old man...
    He'll prob'ly just kill you..."

Post imported post

Congratulations on excercising your Right as an American!

Yes, Arizona is very casual about Open Carry, as a general rule.

Post imported post

hammer6 wrote:
    she looked at my, and then at my XD 40, and then back at me, and goes, "soo...are you border patrol or a cop?" and i'm like, "neither". and she's like, "really? your not?" i'm like, "yeah". so she goes, "well, then what are you?" and i said, "i'm just a citizen." and she's like, "really? wow." i said, "yeah, in arizona it's legal for me to carry this." and then she said, "oh wow, you learn somethin new every day." and we said bye and that was it.
    Stupid Californians...
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Good stuff!!! I think I'm one of the few on this board in Yuma. Although I do see other OCers every now and then.

Post imported post

whiskaz_55 wrote:
    Good stuff!!! I think I'm one of the few on this board in Yuma. Although I do see other OCers every now and then.
    well maybe you'll see me around. i'll be in yuma for 5 weeks.

Post imported post

exKommiefornian wrote:
    You said that You weren't sweating...
    May I respectfully ask, Why should you be sweating?
    You weren't doing anything illegal or morally wrong were you?
    My point being that since it is LEGAL to openly carry in AZ
    we need to stop wigging-out as if it were somehow not acceptable.
    If other people exhibit a problem with our lawful behavior,
    then THEY are at fault, not us...
    I recently moved from Cali to AZ. so I can empathize with your
    missed-placed guilt. However, we are now in AZ. and AZ.
    is not yet as far-gone as cali and other states yet...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Never pick a fight with an old man...
    He'll prob'ly just kill you..."
    you don't get nervous the first time you do something? i didn't know what to expect, so i had that natural reaction. i had it the first time in CC'd as well. not because i felt like i was being immoral or breaking a law, which i wasn't, but because it was the first time i was doing it.

Post imported post

Got-it! My-bad!

Post imported post

'Lotta Kommiefornyuns in Yuma these days. I s'pose they live in Winterhaven 'cross the river 'n such. OC was real common when I first came there back in '66.

When I finally moved here 'for good'... 'first thingI did crossin the TX/NM line was pull over 'nbuckle my gunbelt on... 'faced east and gave 'em the one-finger salute with the proper verbiage.I've OC'd nearly everyday since... 'cept for the rains 'n colder weather.

The closer ya get to the CA line... the more comments and open mouthed stares you'll get. Actually... OC isn't 'legal' in AZ... it's a pre-existing right 'recognized'. 'Not somethin' the state 'grants'... such as license or permission. Such right is denied elsewherewhich makes the 'laws' that do so illegal under the Constitution.