• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OPEN CARRIED FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!

hammer6

imported post

so i was traveling from florida to arizona, and i couldn't wait until i got to new mexico. i CC'd the whole way, but when i crossed over the state line, that's when the "fun" began..(so to speak).

when i crossed the line to arizona, i stopped near tuscon, and went to a texaco, and this was like 12am. i walked in, and the guy said nothin, he glanced at it, but didn't say anything. and i walked out and left.

that was friday night- today, i realized i forgot my phone charger when i stopped at a buddies in dallas. so i had to go to walmart. i'm in yuma, i went to the walmart on i8 off exit 7 or something. anwyays...as i'm walkin from my car with my buddy, i hear a guy 1 go "yeah he does!" and his friend, guy 2, goes "no he doesn't". guy one then says, "yes he does, i'm lookin at right now. it's on his hip, it's not even covered!" guy 2 is like, "yeah i guess he does" and they walked to their car. went in and got my charger, and a couple people looked at me, but didn't say anything. then i got in line to pay, and the girl was very polite. i don't think she noticed because i was behind that wall part. but when m buddy was payin for his stuff, i stepped towards the bags, and we were all still talkin, and she looked at my, and then at my XD 40, and then back at me, and goes, "soo...are you border patrol or a cop?" and i'm like, "neither". and she's like, "really? your not?" i'm like, "yeah". so she goes, "well, then what are you?" and i said, "i'm just a citizen." and she's like, "really? wow." i said, "yeah, in arizona it's legal for me to carry this." and then she said, "oh wow, you learn somethin new every day." and we said bye and that was it.

that was it. good experience. i wasn't sweatin or anything like i was when i did it the first time in new mexico. great experience! i'm glad i got to "visucate" the public!!!

where's everybody from YUMA???

hammer6

imported post

yeah that's what i said i don't know why i wrote civilian. i'll edit it

exKommiefornian

imported post

You said that You weren't sweating...
May I respectfully ask, Why should you be sweating?
You weren't doing anything illegal or morally wrong were you?
My point being that since it is LEGAL to openly carry in AZ
we need to stop wigging-out as if it were somehow not acceptable.
If other people exhibit a problem with our lawful behavior,
then THEY are at fault, not us...
I recently moved from Cali to AZ. so I can empathize with your
missed-placed guilt. However, we are now in AZ. and AZ.
is not yet as far-gone as cali and other states yet...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Never pick a fight with an old man...
He'll prob'ly just kill you..."

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

hammer6 wrote:
she looked at my, and then at my XD 40, and then back at me, and goes, "soo...are you border patrol or a cop?" and i'm like, "neither". and she's like, "really? your not?" i'm like, "yeah". so she goes, "well, then what are you?" and i said, "i'm just a citizen." and she's like, "really? wow." i said, "yeah, in arizona it's legal for me to carry this." and then she said, "oh wow, you learn somethin new every day." and we said bye and that was it.
Stupid Californians...;)

hammer6

imported post

whiskaz_55 wrote:
Good stuff!!! I think I'm one of the few on this board in Yuma. Although I do see other OCers every now and then.

well maybe you'll see me around. i'll be in yuma for 5 weeks.

hammer6

imported post

exKommiefornian wrote:
You said that You weren't sweating...
May I respectfully ask, Why should you be sweating?
You weren't doing anything illegal or morally wrong were you?
My point being that since it is LEGAL to openly carry in AZ
we need to stop wigging-out as if it were somehow not acceptable.
If other people exhibit a problem with our lawful behavior,
then THEY are at fault, not us...
I recently moved from Cali to AZ. so I can empathize with your
missed-placed guilt. However, we are now in AZ. and AZ.
is not yet as far-gone as cali and other states yet...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Never pick a fight with an old man...
He'll prob'ly just kill you..."

you don't get nervous the first time you do something? i didn't know what to expect, so i had that natural reaction. i had it the first time in CC'd as well. not because i felt like i was being immoral or breaking a law, which i wasn't, but because it was the first time i was doing it.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

'Lotta Kommiefornyuns in Yuma these days. I s'pose they live in Winterhaven 'cross the river 'n such. OC was real common when I first came there back in '66.

When I finally moved here 'for good'... 'first thingI did crossin the TX/NM line was pull over 'nbuckle my gunbelt on... 'faced east and gave 'em the one-finger salute with the proper verbiage.I've OC'd nearly everyday since... 'cept for the rains 'n colder weather.

The closer ya get to the CA line... the more comments and open mouthed stares you'll get. Actually... OC isn't 'legal' in AZ... it's a pre-existing right 'recognized'. 'Not somethin' the state 'grants'... such as license or permission. Such right is denied elsewherewhich makes the 'laws' that do so illegal under the Constitution.