• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First UOC experience

eflatminor

imported post

Just walking the dog, an unloaded .45 (Springfileld XD) on my hip. Lucy Bear (the dog) sniffed several neighbor's butts (their dogs anyway). No one noticed or at least no one said a thing. No schools in my 'hood but I had a tape recorder, my lawyers card and those 'why we OC' cards ready to go, just in case. Nice and uneventful.

AyatollahGondola

imported post

I thought about that just a few evenings ago when I was walking the dog:D. I don't have a holster for my handgun yet, but I do have a sling for my rifle. Thanks for beating me to this one. Get a backpack for yer doggy to carry the ammo:cool:

D53

imported post

I have walked my wifes dog ( a yorky snauzer/ they are called Snorkys) while OCing and honestly most people don't even look twice. Just out of curiousity were are you located?

D53

imported post

eflatminor wrote:
Downtown LA
damn thats a stretch in itself. I usually end up in urban and city areas in Sac (never close to the capitol itself since i have no need to be around there) but downtown LA, I am surprised you didn't catch any flak. Once again right on.