• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need some help... police troubles

BRDouglas

imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
Just as an aside: An old black man told me to never pull a gun to scare anyone. If that's what I wanted to do, then remove the front sight blade. It makes it easier for the doctor to remove it from my a$$.

This was on my paper route when I was 13 years old in 1955. I never forgot that. Yes....I carried my Dad's 38 special then.:cool:
My father would make the comment
"Also a good coating of grease would help to" LOL!

chrsjhnsn

imported post

PFC Helms, thank you for your service to your Country.
I'm not in any position to offer legal advice, I've never been
to Kentucky.
This will all blow over, if I were you I would give up
booze and drunken roomates.
AA has a good method for stopping drinking, I would concentrate
there for a few years and come back to the gun cause a little wiser and
older.

RIAShooter

imported post

PFC Helms wrote:
Yes, both of our names appear on the lease and I have found out since then that he did not give them permission to search. my roommate told them that the entire downstairs was my portion of the house and they were ask me for permission which I did not give. I know that it was a bad idea to draw my weapon but i did feel threatened because he had been drinking and is quite a bit larger than me. and I understand that they can look around the general area of the property that you are in. but me and my witness were outside and my roommate was in the living room. the downstairs was a complete different area of the house. and nobody was in it. they still proceeded to search it, and I don't want this to be an argument of whether I did right or wrong with my weapon... I know I did wrong. I am just trying to see if I have a defense of my charge with my 4th amendment rights. and my roommate is 24 and my witness that was here was 21

Thanks,

Helms, Thomas S

P.S. This doesn't pertain exactly to open carry but it does apply to rights and firearms and that idea which is well in the scope of this forum.
I'm really shocked no onesuggested hitting your roommate with a contributing to a minor charge

Pagan

imported post

If someone attempted to push me down the stairs, depending on the number and material of the steps I would have shot him,BUT he may have been in fearfor his life since you drew down on him. I would count yourself lucky, pay the fine, and learn to control your impulse to draw your weapon over a noise complaint. A remote control is not really a serious weapon unless it is used to beat you, maybe.

Learn some non threatening tactics when confronting people, such as the Interview stance, the Father Murphy hand position, don't make people feel cornered. People have bad days, creating noise is a proven stress relief, treat others as you wish to be treated. JMO