• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please Hit This Anti-Gun Poll.

Sietch Woolsey

imported post

Something to think about when facing a push poll is that it's designed with an aim to quote it on a later nightly news segment, when anchors will inform viewers of the particular public opinion that the organization specifically structured the survey to discover.

One might deign to disable the site's cookies and send a few extra votes towards 'Heck, no' just for good measure. :D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Sietch Woolsey wrote:
Something to think about when facing a push poll is that it's designed with an aim to quote it on a later nightly news segment, when anchors will inform viewers of the particular public opinion that the organization specifically structured the survey to discover.

One might deign to disable the site's cookies and send a few extra votes towards 'Heck, no' just for good measure. :D
Welcome aboard Sietch Woolsey . Lots of good people and information here.

Spent a lot of time in Minnesota as a kid on Lake Vermillion and points north - many fond memories. First learned gun safety and learned to shoot there.

Cookies cleared each night also so I can start the day fresh. :)

Yata hey

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Heck, no. (28531 responses)
poll-bar.gif
46.0%
I'm a gun supporter, but this recent case has me rethinking the access given. (774 responses)
poll-bar.gif
1.2%
Yes, this is a wake-up call that guns need to be banned. (32480 responses)
poll-bar.gif
52.4%
Yes, but only for idiots. (178 responses)
poll-bar.gif
0.3%
I'm not sure. (14 responses)
poll-bar.gif
0.0%
  • 61977 total responses (Results not scientific)

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Wasn't the AK-47 used fully automatic? Then what the hell does it have to do with the assault weapons ban!? Idiot media once again misinforming people onthe true facts.................... And whoever is a gun supporter who is "rethinking about banning guns" should give up any guns they have, for being so ignorant, for all we know is that these AK's are coming from cuba.

PaulBlart

Banned
imported post

BJA wrote:
Wasn't the AK-47 used fully automatic? Then what the hell does it have to do with the assault weapons ban!? Idiot media once again misinforming people onthe true facts.................... And whoever is a gun supporter who is "rethinking about banning guns" should give up any guns they have, for being so ignorant, for all we know is that these AK's are coming from cuba.
all ak47 rifles are full auto.

if its not full auto its not a ak47

KansasMustang

imported post

Can anyone say "Gang related incident? " Just me saying it I guess but it frustrates me that the "Drive By's" will use this as powder for the "Assault Weapons Ban"
Keep your powder dry!

sccrref

imported post

We are getting our asses handed to us on this poll. Get in there and vote. Take one for the team. Yes, in the grand scheme of things, this poll will not mean much if anything at all. However, we should not give the antis anything at all that they can point to and say that the tide for gun control is turning in their favor.

Walleye

imported post

Hit it and current results:

Heck, no. (31996 responses)
48.9%

I'm a gun supporter, but this recent case has me rethinking the access given. (775 responses)
1.2%

49.6%

Yes, but only for idiots. (189 responses)
0.3%

I'm not sure. (15 responses)
0.0%

65455 total responses

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Yikes!!!!
Most of these type of polls go about 75%ish in our direction... This one is a dead heat! Whats up with that?:banghead:

hightecrebel

imported post

Voted.

Heck, no. (32947 responses)

poll-bar.gif
49.6%

I'm a gun supporter, but this recent case has me rethinking the access given. (775 responses)

poll-bar.gif
1.2%

poll-bar.gif
48.9%

Yes, but only for idiots. (190 responses)

poll-bar.gif
0.3%

I'm not sure. (16 responses)

poll-bar.gif
0.0%

• 66408 total responses (Results not scientific

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Anti numbers have been frozen all day long - wonder why. Did they fry their keyboards? :D

Yata hey

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Heck, no. (36230 responses)
poll-bar.gif
52.0%
poll-bar.gif
1.1%
Yes, this is a wake-up call that guns need to be banned. (32482 responses)
poll-bar.gif
46.6%
Yes, but only for idiots. (205 responses)
poll-bar.gif
0.3%
I'm not sure. (19 responses)
poll-bar.gif
0.0%
  • 69711 total responses (Results not scientific)

GetA2J

imported post

PaulBlart wrote:
BJA wrote:

Paul,I have to disagree with you on that one. I have two AK-47's and neither one of them is full-auto. A full auto AK-47 s illegal in the United Sates in any form it is my understanding that one cannot even get a Form-1 for a full-auto AK. They were designed from the start to be full auto, that is why the happy switch goes from "safe" to "Full" and then to "semi" The AR-15/M-16 on the other hand has a safety switch that goes from "safe" to "semi" and then on to "full" or Burst.

PaulBlart

Banned
imported post

GetA2J wrote:
PaulBlart wrote:
BJA wrote:

Paul,I have to disagree with you on that one. I have two AK-47's and neither one of them is full-auto. A full auto AK-47 s illegal in the United Sates in any form it is my understanding that one cannot even get a Form-1 for a full-auto AK. They were designed from the start to be full auto, that is why the happy switch goes from "safe" to "Full" and then to "semi" The AR-15/M-16 on the other hand has a safety switch that goes from "safe" to "semi" and then on to "full" or Burst.
you have two AKMs. both semi auto i assume.

http://www.opencarry.org/machinegun.html

GetA2J

imported post

PaulBlart wrote:
GetA2J wrote:
PaulBlart wrote:
BJA wrote:

you assume correct. I was told by the local police officer that hepled me put one of them together that there are no legal methods for me to own a full auto AK-47. There is reason he told me this but I will NOT go into any detail here on a public forum.

PaulBlart

Banned
imported post

GetA2J wrote:
PaulBlart wrote:
GetA2J wrote:
PaulBlart wrote:
BJA wrote:

you assume correct. I was told by the local police officer that hepled me put one of them together that there are no legal methods for me to own a full auto AK-47. There is reason he told me this but I will NOT go into any detail here on a public forum.
it is possible to own a "ak47"

there are a lot of hoops you have to jump through, when the rifle was imported into the US etc... defiantly matters what state you live in...

tell your local police officer friend to go to hell.

your rifles are both AKMs not ak47s

to my knowledge there are no semi auto ak47s. but i did barely graduate high school, and i am traumatized on a daily basis from my job...

Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47

Автомат Калашникова Модернизированный
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AKM

PaulBlart

Banned
imported post

GetA2J wrote:
OK this last virage of posts have drifted off topic. This thread is supposed to be about an anti-gun poll. Can we get back to that?
this is on topic.

the guy didn't use a ak47. the media is ignorant, like always.

bugly

imported post

I think it strange how there is always a side-bar, intended to make you feel the way they want you to. This is a direct quote from the Miami sun-sentinal, the page that has the poll on it. I don't know if any of you have read this, but I think there has been some embellishment going on...

"Andrew Jackson, 16, had been shot in the buttocks and was recovering at the hospital, his mother, Danielle Coles, 45, said Saturday. As she rushed to Jackson's side immediately after the shooting, Coles said, she heard another victim with "his face blown off" call out "don't leave me, don't leave me." "

I would think, if my face were "blown off", I would either be dead or unconscious, and even if I were awake, with my "face blown off" I think it would be rather difficult to speak the words involved in the quote. Another case of the media trying to make it worse by "creating" news.

Seems to me, if the assault were actually committed with an AK-47, as the report made very clear... the "face blown off" victim would have most likely have been shot in the back of the head, in order for the face to be removed, as so eloquently spoken in the quote. This would mean the bullet(s) would have had to travel through various parts of the skull, up to , and including the brain. Kudos to the victim for being able to speak with such heavily damaged brain tissue.

Or maybe this part was made-up to make us angry at the guns?

I edited the name of the newspaper, I had it wrong the first time.