Thread: First time

Post imported post

OK guys and girls I opened carry for the first time today and it felt weird It felt like everyone was watching me. I went to Borders and then to Wal Mart noone said anything and I walked passed several workers and spoke to a few so I had a great day
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

Post imported post

Congrats! :celebrate Feels pretty good, eh?

So I am curious... you've been a member for over a year now.

What took so damn long?
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
    Congrats! :celebrate Feels pretty good, eh?

So I am curious... you've been a member for over a year now.

What took so damn long?
    I had to wait until I got my permanent residency and to get some spare cash
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Congrats, the feeling of everyone watching will eventually dissipate.

Post imported post

IIRC walmart sells alcohol.

IIRC NM does not allow carry into a place that sells alcohol unless you have a permit.
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:

IIRC NM does not allow carry into a place that sells alcohol unless you have a permit.
    Does that ordinance state a prohibition of going armed in a place that sells alcohol to go, or sells alcohol for consumption on the premises? There's a big difference?

I think we've all gone through that spell of being self-conscious when we first OC'd a few times, Aussie. Just be yourself when your're out OCing and it will subside.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    TechnoWeenie wrote:

Does that ordinance state a prohibition of going armed in a place that sells alcohol to go, or sells alcohol for consumption on the premises? There's a big difference?

I think we've all gone through that spell of being self-conscious when we first OC'd a few times, Aussie. Just be yourself when your're out OCing and it will subside.
    The Wal Mart I went to does not sell alcohol
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

Post imported post

I believe the rule of thumb is that there must be a sign posted stating that no persons under the age of 21 are allowed there. For example, you can carry in the general seating portion of a restaurant that serves alcohol, but you are not allowed in the bar section with your pistol. Though this may only be true in my state. I'm sure that different states may well look at this differently.

Post imported post

Brandnew wrote:
    I believe the rule of thumb is that there must be a sign posted stating that no persons under the age of 21 are allowed there. For example, you can carry in the general seating portion of a restaurant that serves alcohol, but you are not allowed in the bar section with your pistol. Though this may only be true in my state. I'm sure that different states may well look at this differently.
    In Virginia it goes like this:

You can OC and CC in an establishment that does not sell alcohol for on-premises consumption. If the place does have a license to sell for on-premises consumption, you can not CC, but you CAN open carry.

Virginia doesn't have 'stand alone' bars, but we do have "bars" that have a restaurant attached.

Lastly, you can carry concealed (and openly) into places that have a license to sell alcohol as long as it is not for on-premises consumption, like the VA ABC stores and supermarkets for example.

Post imported post

My, my...... You ARE a "Rogue Aussie" Welcome aboard and to the top of the world!

Post imported post

RogueAussie wrote:
    OK guys and girls I opened carry for the first time today and it felt weird It felt like everyone was watching me. I went to Borders and then to Wal Mart noone said anything and I walked passed several workers and spoke to a few so I had a great day
    Congrats! Glad to hear of the positive experience!! Keep it up, like was already said on here, the feeling of all eyes in the place being on you will disipate before too long! Have fun and keep us posted!!

In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion, but rather default to your level of training.

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post