• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1-23-08 My First Open Carry in Daleville

Dianosis

imported post

Well there I was sitting in the parking lot of one of my favorite lunch spots Rocky Creek, with a million thoughts racing through my mind. "What, if I'm wrong about OC laws?" "What if someone calls the cops and I get arrested or surrounded swat style?" "What if they take my brand new Beretta PX4 Storm with green laser?" Then I got mad at myself for feeling like I was doing something wrong, and decided it was time to be a man. I got out, attached the holster to my hip and looked around to see if anyone was watching me. I walked to the door, "This is it" I thought. With my adrenaline pumping and heart racing I walked in. I greeted the lady behind the counter and watched her eyes, she didn't even notice. I made my way to the buffet line discreetly scanning the crowd. Anyone that seemed to notice, all seemed to do the same thing... a look at my hip then up to my eyes then back to thier lunch or conversation. Whew, so far so good. I found a table near the window, I told myself it was so I could see the tv, but I knew the real reason. I wanted to be able to glance out the window every now and again to see if the cops were pulling up.I ate my lunch gaining more confidence, telling myself justact normal, be friendly, show everyone your just there to eat like everyone else. After a couple trips through the crowd to refill my plate I finished up and got ready to leave. As I dropped a tip on the table I could hear the two ladies at the table in front of me talking about guns and one of them saying she wanted to learn how to shoot. I smiled, and made my way to the counter to pay for my meal. As I turned to leave one more thought occurred to me, what if someone called the cops and they are waiting for me to come out? I walked out and to my relief no surprises.

That was my first OC experience andmaybe I made this alot more dramatic in my mind than it needed to be. But I felt better for doing it. I felt good for upholding my rights at the same time showing people that guns aren't just carried by cops and bad guys. I was pleasantly surprised at peoples reactions, or maybe I should say the lack there of. Some didn't even notice and the ones who did seemed to either not care or weren't worried. I travel all throughout the wiregrass area and plan to OC alot more.I do alsohave a concealed permit.
:celebrate

randal106

imported post

LOL, Nice post

Reminds me of the first time I Open Carried in a bank, "What-Ifs" rushing through your head, wondering if that person over there just called the cops, or is just checking her voicemail.

LOL

Good times