• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

carry badge?

shad0wfax

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:

TechnoWeenie, did you rickroll yourself in your own car? :cool:

Man, you beat me to the punch Tomahawk. I was just going to make a Rickroll post about that myself!

EDIT: As I said in the other thread that is quite old, I'm not an LEO and I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to pretend to be an LEO (or tacticool, or amallninja, or awannabeLEO either). I think an OC or CC badge is a bad idea, and I'll stick to either deep CC, printing CC, or OC with no badge.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Johnny Law wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Johnny Law wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
no, no, and no.

Bad idea.
What about people who drive around in ex-Police cars with blacked out windows?

I'm aware of the possible misperceptions which is why I go out of my way to not add to them.
I've seen you in that ride, and I knew that you weren't a Cop because of the excessive volume of the music blasting from inside it!

You and Mainsail should get together and play Cop cars.

LOL.

trunk1-1.jpg

Sure that was me? Were you in your POV or cruiser?

There's only a handful of places I drive slow enough to hear music outside my car, and I can count on my hands the number of times I 'jammed out' in my car...

I'm betting it was in the vicinity of Marvin & Martin ;)

ETA: You should have also seen my vanity tags, clearly not an LE vehicle ;)

TechnoWeenie

imported post

fire suppressor wrote:
I perosnlay think it is a great idea! I do not think it should be requiered but a good idea. I would how ever stay away from the word "bage" maybe somthing about the size of a drivers licence that could be cliped on your belt next to the gun. I am afrade the word "bage" is getting to close to impersonation of an officer. Or maybe even a copy of your CWP if you have one. Or maybe somthing stamped onto the holster it self that can be read. I do not do it on purpose but often find that when I wear a novelty T-shirt that has a fire logo on it I get much fewer looks than when I wear a plain shirt. I think over the general public see's a gun and thinks bad guy or illegal but when they see a logo or "bage" they feel much more comfortable with it. Good idea, thats my opinion.

That's completely disingenuous....

You're intentionally misleading the public into believing something you're more than you are.

You're a regular guy who believes in the freedoms of this country, not a gov't agent, not a police officer, or anything else.

Such behaviour not only makes US look bad, but also does nothing to further our cause because it makes the sheeple think it's 'official' as opposed to just everyday joe blow..

Mississippian

imported post

sheeple think it's 'official' as opposed to just everyday joe blow..

Egg-Zactly, I want the "sheeple" to learn that they too can legally carry a handgun in the open (OC).

I carry a gun for self defense.

I open carry a gun to defend my 2A rights.

We will lose that right if it is not excersized by we the people, so we need to convert as many sheeple back into people as we can.

kparker

imported post

That's completely disingenuous....

You're intentionally misleading the public into believing something you're more than you are
+1 to that! Fire Suppressor's position just feeds into the harmful idea that "only official people can have guns".

Trigger Dr

imported post

As a retired leo, I could probably get by using my retired ID (badge) on my belt. Heck, Then I would have to find it first. I can carry nation wide for the most part with that ID, but, I don't even carry the retired ID. I am not a leo, but a retired leo and I do not want to get in that type of situation any longer. 27 years was more than enough.

Bad Idea.

Johnny Law

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Johnny Law wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Johnny Law wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
no, no, and no.

Bad idea.
What about people who drive around in ex-Police cars with blacked out windows?

I'm aware of the possible misperceptions which is why I go out of my way to not add to them.
I've seen you in that ride, and I knew that you weren't a Cop because of the excessive volume of the music blasting from inside it!

You and Mainsail should get together and play Cop cars.
LOL.

Sure that was me? Were you in your POV or cruiser?

I'm betting it was in the vicinity of Marvin & Martin ;)

ETA: You should have also seen my vanity tags, clearly not an LE vehicle ;)
Yes, pov, yes, and yes I noticed.

Mainsail

imported post

diesel556 wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
Badge? Another nail in the coffin that keeps me from spending much time here anymore...:cry:
Oh, come on Mainsail... this thread was started by someone with less than 10 posts.

Are you really basing whether you stick around on what amounts to a 'noobie' mistake?
+1 :p
That and that so fewthreads (like this one)anymore have anything to do with open carry in Washington.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Mainsail wrote:
diesel556 wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
Badge? Another nail in the coffin that keeps me from spending much time here anymore...:cry:
Oh, come on Mainsail... this thread was started by someone with less than 10 posts.

Are you really basing whether you stick around on what amounts to a 'noobie' mistake?
That and that so fewthreads (like this one)anymore have anything to do with open carry in Washington.
Whahuh?

Didn't he ask if using a cc badge while oc'ing was a good idea or not? Also, he lives in Washington....

Am I missing something here?

phoneguy

imported post

When I open carry, Some people ask if I am the police? I dress in casual cloths and short hair. If I had a badge next to my gun people will look at the gun first and then the badge (even if the badge says wanna be police) When you wear a gun and badge this combination is a bad idea.

vote_no

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
diesel556 wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
Mainsail wrote:

Yeah, but compared to most of the awful threads, at least this one got a decent, "No, impersonating a police officer is ******* idiotic," response. At least from me.

edit: ahahaha this forum is censoring me what a bunch of pussies

cynicist

imported post

badgebeltcliplg.jpg

this one seems to obviously be for a wanna be.

This one, however, I would wear, if I could find it, and wouldn't have to go too far out of my way to get ahold of it.

3703471ceca0486f3.jpg

TechnoWeenie

imported post

cynicist wrote:
They even make one for Washington State for the serious pracitioner of "criminal impersonation in the first degree!"

WAlarge.jpg

2nd degree.

1st degree would have to include an act to defraud.

ETA:

It's a very fine line, as the law reads 'an act'... 'an act' is broadas all hell.... Some say driving an old cop car is 'an act' and subjects me to those laws....

[align=right][/align]
[/b](1) A person is guilty of criminal impersonation in the first degree if the person:

(a) Assumes a false identity and does an act in his or her assumed character with intent to defraud another or for any other unlawful purpose; or

(b) Pretends to be a representative of some person or organization or a public servant and does an act in his or her pretended capacity with intent to defraud another or for any other unlawful purpose.

(2) Criminal impersonation in the first degree is a class C felony.

[align=right][/align]
[/b](1) A person is guilty of criminal impersonation in the second degree if the person:

(a)(i) Claims to be a law enforcement officer or creates an impression that he or she is a law enforcement officer; and

(ii) Under circumstances not amounting to criminal impersonation in the first degree, does an act with intent to convey the impression that he or she is acting in an official capacity and a reasonable person would believe the person is a law enforcement officer; or

(b) Falsely assumes the identity of a veteran or active duty member of the armed forces of the United States with intent to defraud for the purpose of personal gain or to facilitate any unlawful activity.

(2) Criminal impersonation in the second degree is a gross misdemeanor.

I could stop at an accident scene, and direct traffic around the incident, technically, because of the relatively vague wording, I could be charged.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

The arrogance of some people on here irritate me sometimes. If you don't like the thread why come in here make a comment putting down someone and an innocent question.(wich as brought out does have to do with open carry)He wants to join us in excercising our right to carry openly and they obviously make badges for some who it would make more comfortable carrying. I wouldn't want to carry some sort of badge, but if it makes someone else more comfortable carrying their weapon if they had one that just said CPL I wouldn't be opposed to it. Then maybe after time they would realize they don't need something to justify carrying their weapon and carry it for the real reason they want to.

Another thought I had is we hopefully are all gun owners and are all interested in open carry obviously why we are here. But if its slow story wise (wich is good in a way it means people aren't bothering us about openly carrying) then what else are we going to talk about. I agree we should try to stay on topic but sometimes the topic nazi's go a little overboard. At least people are showing up here and talking. That way when something does happen we know we have friends here who can help us in our cause. No matter what the differrance of opions we have. One reason I like to vist Virginia's open carry forum....they seem a little more friendly less arrogant than some here and post way more than we do here. Knowledge is good being smart is good but be patient teachers to us newbies and not inadvertantly turn people away from this site or our cause because of a crappy attitude and replies to someone.