• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane Shooters

BobR

imported post

I don't know if this will work or not, I scanned the map that BLM provides and then I outlined the area in my DeLorme and scanned it.

I have a feeling they are a pretty good size, so you may need to save to an editing program and reduce if you want to print them out.

Here is thealbum I made for the two scans. The password is "private"

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/0603/Bob8251/Fishtrap/

bob

shad0wfax

imported post

Interesting. I've fished there before, but I wasn't aware we could shoot there. (It's still closer for me to shoot at the Spokane Rifle Club though.)

BobR

imported post

There are other places there suitable for shooting also.

The big no's are shooting around the ranch house (Ranger) and shooting towards the lake.

I may go out there next week and try to lure in a wiley coyote or two and send them to song dog heaven.

bob

surfj9009

imported post

Thanks for this! I have been wondering where this area was. How long of a drive do you think it is from downtown? Also, is there some offroad driving fun out there too? I would love to take a drive offroad in the Jeep and do some shooting.

I got 3 new guns the last 10 days so I have to put some stuff downrange!!!!:celebrate

BobR

imported post

How long of a drive do you think it is from downtown? Also, is there some offroad driving fun out there too?

From downtown to the Fishtrap exit will probably take 30 minutes, another 5 to get to the area and however long it take you to finda spot you like (15 minutes?).

No offroading there. You have to stick to the roads.

Are you going to be in town next Monday or Tuesday?

http://www.blm.gov/or/resources/recreation/site_info.php?siteid=272

bob