Thread: Y ain't gonna believe this....

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

My brother, that lives in Princeton, Ky., sent me this clipping from their local paper published this week.

I don't know what to say. :what:

From the Times Leader

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

http://www.timesleader.net/articles/...4ccZ_news.html

Friday, January 23, 2009 A Traylor Street woman’s request to be shot Tuesday night was granted by a Baldwin Avenue man.

He was taken into custody, while she was treated and released from the Caldwell County Hospital.

Princeton police were sent to the 300 block of Baldwin Avenue at about 9:13 p.m. Tuesday, after dispatchers received a report of a female who had been shot in the arm.

Witnesses at the scene told police that 21-year-old Jared E. Starnes of Baldwin Avenue had shot 29-year-old Teresa Brown of Traylor Street.

Police said there was no altercation involved, that Brown had asked to be shot and Starned had volunteered.

Witnesses told officers that Starnes took Brown into his back yard and fired two rounds from a 9mm semi-automatic handgun at her. The first round missed. The second struck Brown in the left arm.

Brown was transported by local EMS units to the hospital, where she was treated and released.

When questioned by officers, she confirmed witnesses’ version of the episode.

Officers confiscated a 9mm Smith and Wesson handgun from Starnes and took him into custody. He was charged with first-degree assault and two counts of first-degree wanton endangerment and lodged in the county jail.

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Post imported post

Maybe she wants to be a rap star... need those bullet scars for street cred, yo.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

My brother knows the nieghborhood where this happened. It's only a block or 2 over from where he used to live. Apparently it isn't the higher intellectual part of town.

He mentioned something about the woman wanting to know what it is like to be shot. Don't know if he actually heard something , or if he was being his usual satirical self.

Post imported post

He was arrested???

Man, what ever happened to Life, Liberty and thePursuit of Happyness? She wanted to be shot, he shot her. Its not like he killed her. Assault usually requires "unwanted" actions. At best you should have an unlawful discharge in city limits.

Post imported post

When I lived in Sitka Alaska in the late 80's there was a newspaper article on the same level of "nuts." If I remember it right, Some woman got drunk off herrear and tried removing a callous from her foot with a shotgun...

...Damn I wish I had saved that clipping...
    ...Orygunner...

Post imported post

This is what you call your Darwin Theory at work.....

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
    This is what you call your Darwin Theory at work.....
    Yep. I think they would both be very good nomonies for the annual Darwin Award this year.

Post imported post

The first criteria to qualify for a Darwin Award is having successfully removed yourself from the gene pool.

Unfortunately they will only be eligible for honorable mention.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.