• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Y ain't gonna believe this....

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.timesleader.net/articles/stories/public/200901/23/4ccZ_news.html

Friday, January 23, 2009 A Traylor Street woman’s request to be shot Tuesday night was granted by a Baldwin Avenue man.

He was taken into custody, while she was treated and released from the Caldwell County Hospital.

Princeton police were sent to the 300 block of Baldwin Avenue at about 9:13 p.m. Tuesday, after dispatchers received a report of a female who had been shot in the arm.

Witnesses at the scene told police that 21-year-old Jared E. Starnes of Baldwin Avenue had shot 29-year-old Teresa Brown of Traylor Street.

Police said there was no altercation involved, that Brown had asked to be shot and Starned had volunteered.

Witnesses told officers that Starnes took Brown into his back yard and fired two rounds from a 9mm semi-automatic handgun at her. The first round missed. The second struck Brown in the left arm.

Brown was transported by local EMS units to the hospital, where she was treated and released.

When questioned by officers, she confirmed witnesses’ version of the episode.

Officers confiscated a 9mm Smith and Wesson handgun from Starnes and took him into custody. He was charged with first-degree assault and two counts of first-degree wanton endangerment and lodged in the county jail.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My brother knows the nieghborhood where this happened. It's only a block or 2 over from where he used to live. Apparently it isn't the higher intellectual part of town.

He mentioned something about the woman wanting to know what it is like to be shot. Don't know if he actually heard something , or if he was being his usual satirical self.

AZkopper

imported post

He was arrested???

Man, what ever happened to Life, Liberty and thePursuit of Happyness? She wanted to be shot, he shot her. Its not like he killed her. Assault usually requires "unwanted" actions. At best you should have an unlawful discharge in city limits.

Orygunner

imported post

When I lived in Sitka Alaska in the late 80's there was a newspaper article on the same level of "nuts." If I remember it right, Some woman got drunk off herrear and tried removing a callous from her foot with a shotgun...

...Damn I wish I had saved that clipping...
...Orygunner...

wylde007

imported post

The first criteria to qualify for a Darwin Award is having successfully removed yourself from the gene pool.

Unfortunately they will only be eligible for honorable mention.