Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: A reserve program

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , Alabama, USA
    Posts
    154

    Post imported post

    A good friend of mine in another town Is chief of police and he offerd me a reserve job to ride with them and also he says they have a open spot in a few mo.

    He is very curious and interrested in the open carry and has ask to see all my paper work so he can train his officers on the law of ocw... He is very supportive and is very pro gun....

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Plymouth, MN, ,
    Posts
    250

    Post imported post

    Would that affect your case against the sheriff and the Boaz locals?

    Personally I've always had a hard time bringing myself to treat LEO's as anything other than the enemy. I know its wrong. I know there are good ones out there, but danged if I've ever met one that didn't make me feel like I should "assume the position" when he says hello. I keep trying to like them, but they keep giving me reasons not to. Work with me fellas.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , Alabama, USA
    Posts
    154

    Post imported post

    Daddyo wrote:
    Would that affect your case against the sheriff and the Boaz locals?

    Personally I've always had a hard time bringing myself to treat LEO's as anything other than the enemy. I know its wrong. I know there are good ones out there, but danged if I've ever met one that didn't make me feel like I should "assume the position" when he says hello. I keep trying to like them, but they keep giving me reasons not to. Work with me fellas.
    You are right very much so....I wouldnt do anything till after my case is won....How ever I am also thinking of haveing that position as a way to push the cause....

    It was just an idea when he ask me or said hey you should come and ride with us ill hire you and to bring the papers so he could train his officers on the ocw law I was thinking this could be a chance for me and others to show that even some towns know that ocw is legal and are open minded to the fact that they dont know eveything and are willing to learn... Thats what impressed me about him and the offer

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    797

    Post imported post

    Daddyo wrote:
    Personally I've always had a hard time bringing myself to treat LEO's as anything other than the enemy. I know its wrong.
    Are you sure it's wrong? Have you ever deeply analyzed the source of the LEO's power? I used to think like you but now I'm of the opinion that LEOs are simply morally bankrupt (even if they don't know it!).

    I suggest you read some Lysander Spooner and Benjamin Tucker. For some much older work I'd recommend The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse on Voluntary Servitude by √Čtienne de la Bo√©tie. For some more recent work and something more on the 'practical' side than ethical; Friedman has some good books (Try The Machinery of Freedom).

    Detour: You can probably guess my opinion about joining police reserves

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , Alabama, USA
    Posts
    154

    Post imported post

    Daddyo wrote:
    Would that affect your case against the sheriff and the Boaz locals?

    Personally I've always had a hard time bringing myself to treat LEO's as anything other than the enemy. I know its wrong. I know there are good ones out there, but danged if I've ever met one that didn't make me feel like I should "assume the position" when he says hello. I keep trying to like them, but they keep giving me reasons not to. Work with me fellas.
    yes i can see your point

    But Mr. Hooper thinks that it will help my case and i have sent you an email to explain it so others here cant see it.

    even ifI ride reserve I still have a case on my civil rights as to alabama code 15-5-30 and 15-5-31.. His actions is what caused me not having my permit and the lies im sure he told to why he toof it and kept it and by not arresting me and the 4th amendment. winning this will we think in return will get my permit back as a permit is need if you are not a full time officers. So with me being a reservist i would have to have a permit to carry in a vehicle and if i cant get one for the fact of my rights being violated then that brings in maybe another issue for them and can work in my favor..

    What do ou think????

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    , Alabama, USA
    Posts
    7

    Post imported post

    YOU MUST BE JOKING ABOUT LAW ENFORCEMENT BEING THE ENEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM A DEPUTY AND AM GREATLY OUTRAGED AT THE COMMENT!!! WHEN YOU OR YOUR FAMILY NEEDS OUR ASSISTANCE CALL A CRACK HEAD THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    326

    Post imported post

    DEPUTY238 wrote:
    YOU MUST BE JOKING ABOUT LAW ENFORCEMENT BEING THE ENEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM A DEPUTY AND AM GREATLY OUTRAGED AT THE COMMENT!!! WHEN YOU OR YOUR FAMILY NEEDS OUR ASSISTANCE CALL A CRACK HEAD THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't let the anti LEO comments get to you. The same ones who make those posts will call LEO at the first sign of needing help!! Thanks for your service.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Plymouth, MN, ,
    Posts
    250

    Post imported post

    DEPUTY238 wrote:
    YOU MUST BE JOKING ABOUT LAW ENFORCEMENT BEING THE ENEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM A DEPUTY AND AM GREATLY OUTRAGED AT THE COMMENT!!!¬* WHEN YOU OR YOUR FAMILY NEEDS OUR ASSISTANCE CALL A CRACK HEAD THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You should probably reread my post. I'm actively trying to change my attitude.

    But, just like after many years of dealing with the detritus of humanity a LEO can become a bit jaded and begin to assume the general public at large is crap; I also labor under the baggage of too many encounters with officers on a power trip. Somehow the world has become divided into US and THEM, most likely by the law-makers who have made it so pretty much everyone is breaking some law at sometime, and it's most likely by design.

    The solution is for all of us, on both sides, to take a moment and figure out who the real enemy is.

    I do appreciate the fact that you have volunteered to seek out trouble, and for that I thank you.

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mobile, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    255

    Post imported post

    now now deputy, there's no need to get outraged, I know I read on here where he also said there where good ones. Now I assume your not one of the bad ones, because it makes you angry. But try look at it from our shoes,OK? Think back before you were service in the dept. , how exactly did you feel about LEO's most of my bad encounters however have been by city police, deputy's pretty much leave you alone, its usually city police picking on the good ole citizen just cause they can. I actually have a few friends who are deputy's and there actually cool, I have NO friends who are police officers. " Law Enforcement" to enforce and uphold the law, Peace Officer- there's no such thing in any depts. except for constables, those guys are considered the peoples police. And actually Constable's is were the word COPS came from.

    Now I'm going to ask you a pretty normal question coming from a citizens standpoint would you try to get a regular legit law biding citizen open-carry for trying to impersonate a officer if they were wearing a badge that said authorized to open carry? I remember reading this somewhere else on here in the open carry blogs or forms whatever these are called. Now I'm pretty damn sure you probably know the laws a bit better then local police , cause your training is a bit more on the law and physical standards as well. But if I were to get a custom badge that was engraved on it authorized to open carry, and I got arrested per say, that would be thrown out the court for sure. Impersonation of a LEO goes way beyond just a badge, you would have to address yourself as a LEO, the badge would have to say something like deputy or police on it, your car would probably be outfitting with quite a few strobes and lets not forget the duty belt. Just wondering, whats your opinion on this subject from a realistic stand point. And the only reason I bring it up is because usually OC'ing citizens are constantly harassed , arrested, charged with some sort of foolish misdemeanor, and then of course any LEO has the right to pull your permit to carry,hmmmm. So anyways reply back when your not on duty and you have some spare time, I would love to here what you have to say on the matter.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    797

    Post imported post

    acrimsontide wrote:
    DEPUTY238 wrote:
    YOU MUST BE JOKING ABOUT LAW ENFORCEMENT BEING THE ENEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM A DEPUTY AND AM GREATLY OUTRAGED AT THE COMMENT!!!¬* WHEN YOU OR YOUR FAMILY NEEDS OUR ASSISTANCE CALL A CRACK HEAD THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't let the anti LEO comments get to you.¬* The same ones who make those posts will call LEO at the first sign of needing help!!¬* Thanks for your service.
    I never said I wouldn't call an LEO for help, just that their authority is morally suspect. There is a difference between using someone for a service, and agreeing with them on a moral level.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , Alabama, USA
    Posts
    154

    Post imported post

    Yes there are good ones and bad ones....I love my county and the departments....that is not my point....It is that some and a small number of LEO seem to say they know the law and dont even know the codes to some of them they are tring to enforce....

    They are alot of LEO .....mostly the ones with more time on the job ....that seem to be at least open minded to law changes or that they may not know everything and are willing to learn.....

    The ones that tell you the law regurdless of what it really is are the ones that seem to be the new LEO on the block or try and make a statement......That then causes problems for the citizen.......In my case as I was calling out codes and laws and case numbers and names that seem to make him mad or even pissed off....maybe cause i am just an average joe and hes the badge holder enforceing the laws he thinks are laws.....

    I love my country,state and county and most of the people in them lol ..

    I just think the LEO that took my stuff that night told his version of the storyto his chief then the chief told the deputy and then the deputy told the sheriff....I am sure the story was very deluted as it got to the sheriff....

    But I have never said I didnt like the LEO just the ones who dont treat you with repspect and thinks its his way or the highway....

    They are pleanty of honest and good LEO, Deputys and sheriffs.....Just some are not as informed as others is all.....



  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    667

    Post imported post

    Detour, go to the Michigan forum, to the stickies at the top and click on Wash Rinse and Repeat. In there read the Reid Method of Interigation it is LE's way of fish'n for info. Just because they are friendly, doesn't mean they are working on your behalf. Be careful.springerdave.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •