Thread: OC for a traveler

Post imported post

I live in Seattle but have alot of family in Salem. I'm 20 and was wondering what the laws on OC in this case would be. Thanks -WHjr

Post imported post

You just have to do some research, I'm not from Salem, so I don't know what their local ordinances are, probable for each city and county you plan on traveling through, that is unless you have a CHL. Then your safe anywhere except the court house or federal buildings.

Post imported post

I Believe You have to HAVE a CHL in Order To carry A loaded Firearm In Salem... If you dont have one you have to carry it unloaded and with the Loaded Clip in your pocket.. but Having a CHL Exempts you from City Ordinances... I Believe this is Correct..

Post imported post

I believe you are correct. the City of Salem has a prohibition on loaded firearms in public places, as allowed by ORS 166.173. having an Oregon CHL exempts you from any such city or county prohibitions.

There's a thread around here somewhere... Ah, here it is.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...mp;forum_id=45

To date that's the complete list of Cities banning loaded open carry for non-CHL holders. Note I added Springfield City Parks to the original post.

I'm going to ask Mike or John to sticky that thread...

...Orygunner...