• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone have a MS open carry flier to give out.

Mississippian

imported post

Iwas wondering if anyone may have some kind of small flier or pamplet or whatever that I could keep with me and hand it out when people ask about the legality of OCing.

I tried to make one myself, but I just don't have the 'knack', I can't seem to get the perfect balance of legalese and layman talk and also run out of room rather quickly trying to cite the sources etc, etc.

All I would need is something emailed to me that I could print out.

I will also offer to print them out and send(mail) to anyone else (to a certain extent ofcourse) that may not have the capability of printing.

EviL inside

imported post

According to the state supreme court and the MS AG, there is no such thing as open carry. They feel that if ANY part of the firearm is covered or out of view, it is concealed. basically a backhanded way of restricting a right guaranteed by the state constitution.

a flyer wouldn't make much sense, because it would basically say that open carry is technically illegal without a MS "firearms permit"

Mississippian

imported post

You are missing my point. People think you cannot carry a handgun at all unless it is 100% concealed, with or without a CCpermit.

Even though MS law considers a holstered weapon partially concealed, it is still carried in the open for everyone to see.

EviL inside

imported post

so a flyer outlining the ridiculous ruling of the state supreme court and ridiculous attitude of the state AG?

or something like a card to hand out when you get questioned about open carrying? in that case, just print something outlining the ruling that ANY concealment falls under your "firearms permit" according to the state, and even IF it's considered open carry, it's protected WITHOUT a permit.

Mississippian

imported post

I tried to put one together, but it kept getting bigger and bigger. I haven't given up on it just yet, I just don't have the 'knack' like some do.

What I was hoping to make was something about the same size as a business card, even if it had to be double sided.

BTW, welcome to the forum and it sure is nice to see someone else on here from my area.

EviL inside

imported post

i've been browsing here for months, finally ordered my "permission slip" from the state 12/31/08, but have been carrying in the car for 10 years, currently a SIG p226. a week later, had a SEVERE car accident, and i'm dying of boredom, out of work for 3 months.

Mississippian

imported post

Sounds like me on the 'permission slip', been meaning to do that for the past 20 years, just never got a round tuit until this past year.

Sorry to hear about the accident and being out of work, that flat out sucks. I was down for only three weeks (mechanical problems on truck)in Dec/Jan and thought I was gonna go crazy, can't imagine three months.