• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IWB Tuckable Holster

Peacemaker .45

imported post

I know this is more an OC forum, but for some of us that CC most of the time, I was looking at tuckable holsters. I pretty much always keep my shirts tucked in and have been looking at a couple of these.

I was looking at Galco Skyops, Crossbreed super tuck, and Kholster tuckable. Looking for one for myfull size 1911. Anyone have any thoughts or opinions, or have any experience with these holsters.

Thanks, Peacemaker .45

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Leader wrote:
The Supertuck by Crossbread is REALLY comfortable.

I wear mine 16-22 Hrs a day. Over or under anything.
I have a Supertuck IWB from Crossbreed for my 1911 as well, along with their 2 magazine IWB holster.

Works just dandy. The cant and height are both adjustable, and it has a full leather back to keep that ornery safety off your skin.

I don't wear it (or my other Supertuck for my Kahr P9) much anymore because I OC fairly often.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

marshaul wrote:
LEWD JOKE WARNING

I don't need a holster for my Silent Thunder thankyouverymuch.

*cough*

END OF LEWD JOKE

The fact that you can use it for CC or OC is brilliant.

Bronson

imported post

If I was in the market fora tuckable I'd seriously look at the offerings from Tucker Gunleather (the makers of the Silent Thunder). They also seem to have a great warranty on their stuff.

As far as the Crossbreed I can't see paying what they want for something you can make yourself in an afternoon.

Here's the one I made for my Kahr CW40. It works great and is pretty comfy.

2740294242_198a54595a.jpg

Bronson

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Bronson wrote:
If I was in the market fora tuckable I'd seriously look at the offerings from Tucker Gunleather (the makers of the Silent Thunder). They also seem to have a great warranty on their stuff.

As far as the Crossbreed I can't see paying what they want for something you can make yourself in an afternoon.

Here's the one I made for my Kahr CW40. It works great and is pretty comfy.

2740294242_198a54595a.jpg

Bronson
That looks very nice!

As far as "paying what they want for something you can make yourself in an afternoon". They used the sell the SuperTuck for much less than $69. My guess is they are responding to demand. I still think it is a good deal, for those who are not so inclined as to "roll their own". ;)

By the way, Tucker sells a very nice looking holster that is very similar to the Supertuck. Their price is $125.

rlcompanyusa_2036_5715065

Graydon

Activist Member
imported post

I have three High Noon tuckable holsters for the PPK, the LCP and my SW99. They work great. I can tuck in a t-shirt over my SW99 in the summer time with shorts on and noone knows it is there. A 1911 would be easy to conceal since it is so thin compared to all the big double stack guns out these days.

The High Noon holsters are relatively inexpensive also.

Graydon

Activist Member
imported post

diesel556 wrote:
Graydon wrote:
I have three High Noon tuckable holsters for the PPK, the LCP and my SW99.
Which holster's do you use?

There are so many!

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Belt_Holsters/Inside_The_Waistband/inside_the_waistband.html
Hidden Ally and Split Decision. They are tuckable and they are stocked . Cheap, and immediate delivery. The only difference between these two is that one is straight and one is canted slightly. I don't have a preference for either way. The canted one might be slightly better.

pamopar

imported post

I prefer Leather when worn IWB it is more comfortable. I have a friend in Va that owns Backwoods Leather he custom makes his holsters to your specs. He also reserected some classics like the Askins Avenger. I also like that he will talk to you on the phone if you want to make some changes like a metal band to maintain the opening when drawn or whatever else you would like done.His work is comparably priced as the big boys but still get the personal service that I appreciate