• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry

bigtex31

imported post

New to the site:) have a chl cause we do not have oc here in Texas:X. hope that it comes here soon. i live in houston TX.

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Welcome to Open Carry dot ORG.
Doesn't Texas have some open carry legislation working it's way through the law-making process there?
Check the Texas forum further down the site index page.

Did I mention welcome?

Orygunner

imported post

Welcome to the site! My primary OC gun is a Taurus PT 101 SSin .40 S&W, so your "handle" caught my eye. Hope your state passes OC legislation soon!

...Orygunner...

Conagher

Founder's Club Member
imported post

40caltaurus wrote:
New to the site:) have a chl cause we do not have oc here in Texas:X. hope that it comes here soon. i live in houston TX.

Welcome 40caltaurus from a fellow Texan. Please don't just "hope" oc comes to Texas, but "help" us get OC by signing the petition, contacting your legislators, and getting as many people as you can involved in the cause!

Thanks and welcome again!

GLOCKMAN40

imported post

Hello to all my open carry brothers and sisters out there , here in the great state of Indiana where we can open carry and conceal carry is a good thing, because in the spring and summer months it gets hot here and i will open carry when i can , and we do it with our LTCH- "License To CarryHandgun State Of Indiana",:celebrateNow it however is not a CCW , so lets not refer to it as such, i really hope you all down in the lone star State get open carry pasted , good luck and remember to "Always Check Your Front Site".

countrychic_262009

imported post

Hmmm... when it comes down to it... I would much rather be able to open carry. I don't understand the people that have a problem with open carry. They think that just because someone is carrying, that the person is going to freak out, and shoot up the place. Personally, I'd rather see who is carrying, than try to guess who is or isn't. Sometimes other peoples' irrational fears are amusing... i don't know... i think that people who oppose open carry just don't think that if someone is going to freak out and shoot a place up, or whatever, they aren't gonna pay a whole lot of attention to what the law says... most people just don't make any sense.