• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question on OC but almost CC

gmalfavon1

imported post

hello guys I'm 17 almost 18 and going to start to OC I am thinking on appendix carry crossdraw into my right hand so this is my question I want to buy a IWB holster and having the handle of the pistol just stickout of my WB and tuck my shirt behind it so its visable, but its still technacly OC right?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Quit playin' footsie. 'Carry the pistol openly or don't carry it. Most of the people who get jacked on this forum have a partially concealed weapon 'cause they DO NOT wear the correct holster.An IWB is not an OC holster.

Tuck yer dang shirt tail in your pants'n quit tryin' to look like a hoodlum. Handguns are not fashion accessories.

gmalfavon1

imported post

see I'm not trying to make into a fashion statment or whatnot (gotta stop putting my age) but n e ways the only reason I was thinking to do this was so that less people see it and ask silly questions and less easy for some one to snach it out of my holster and the most important of all is so incase I did have to draw my weapon its less noticable to whoever I'm trying to keep from knowing I do have a gun.

r6-rider

imported post

today was the first day i carried IWB and honestly, i didnt like it. i got WAY more funny looks then when i OC just because im a teenager with a gun tucked into my pants. trust me, get a serpa and OC it. besides its funny to see the look on the californians faces when they see a gun on your hip:lol: o yea, where are you located and what kind of pistol?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Open carry is just that... open carry. There are no half measures. I carry a 1911 .45acp cross draw on a separate gunbelt everyday. 'Have done so for years w/o incident.

ca2az96

imported post

+ 1

Sonora is right. OC is OC, not 1/2 or 3/4 OC. While you may technically have the law on your side, why invite harassment from PD or the uneducated public? We OC because it is our right to do so, and because it is a great tool to educate the public.

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

Agreed, no reason to look like a thug. Be responsible and think responsibly.

------------------Arizona Local Forums ---------------
http://www.xboxjedi.com/defense

site_logo.png