Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Any good websites for current General Assembly news and status?

  1. #1
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705

    Post imported post

    I found one, but would like more:

    http://www.wsls.com/sls/site_element...eral+assembly/

    The leg1.state.va.us site does not seem to be updated in real time to reflect votes or other action.

    TFred


  2. #2
    Regular Member Bubba Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Virginia Beach, , USA
    Posts
    883

    Post imported post

    Here's the one on the VCDL website:

    http://www.vcdl.org/static/2009leg.html

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602

    Post imported post

    Bubba Ron wrote:
    Here's the one on the VCDL website:

    http://www.vcdl.org/static/2009leg.html
    While this is a very good link in that it consolidates all gun related bills in one place, it is not feasible to have it updated in real time. Not enough time in one day apparently for those responsible.

    Yata hey


    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705

    Post imported post

    Grapeshot wrote:
    Bubba Ron wrote:
    Here's the one on the VCDL website:

    http://www.vcdl.org/static/2009leg.html
    While this is a very good link in that it consolidates all gun related bills in one place, it is not feasible to have it updated in real time. Not enough time in one day apparently for those responsible.

    Yata hey
    Exactly. The VCDL site is great for a summary and quick reference, and the Virginia Legislative site too, but I was looking for either a news organization, or perhaps a blogger that was providing daily updates on what happened, bill by bill, or at least the major ones.

    TFred


  5. #5
    Regular Member fairfax1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fairfax, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    246

    Post imported post

    TFred wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    Bubba Ron wrote:
    Here's the one on the VCDL website:

    http://www.vcdl.org/static/2009leg.html
    While this is a very good link in that it consolidates all gun related bills in one place, it is not feasible to have it updated in real time. Not enough time in one day apparently for those responsible.

    Yata hey
    Exactly. The VCDL site is great for a summary and quick reference, and the Virginia Legislative site too, but I was looking for either a news organization, or perhaps a blogger that was providing daily updates on what happened, bill by bill, or at least the major ones.

    TFred
    VCDL also has a blog (that was last updated Today with the details of bills). http://blog.vcdl.org/

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Dumfries, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    243

    Post imported post

    TFred, I tend to use Richmond Sunlight. http://www.richmondsunlight.com/ You can track bills or search for them. I think tracking is limited to 5 unless you are a paid lobbyst and pay for the service.

    It's easier to use than LIS and probably updated just as quickly.

  7. #7
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705

    Post imported post

    Xeni wrote:
    TFred, I tend to use Richmond Sunlight. http://www.richmondsunlight.com/ You can track bills or search for them. I think tracking is limited to 5 unless you are a paid lobbyst and pay for the service.

    It's easier to use than LIS and probably updated just as quickly.
    From the link here, there are links to live streaming of the House and Senate, when they are in session. I can't really watch from work, but some of you may be able to:

    House of Delegates:

    http://legis.state.va.us/hod_session_streaming.html

    Senate:

    http://legis.state.va.us/sov_session_stream.html

    TFred

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •