• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I Heard Gunshow Loophole bill passed the Senate Sub-committee

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

My senator (Puller) was one of the 8, unfortunately.

I just wrote her telling her I expected her vote to change on the floor, as she knows, heard, and has seen this would have NO EFFECT on crime.

I expect nothing from her, and she's met the low standards so far.

hunter45

imported post

Is this loophole bill getting voted on in the Senate tonight?
I got invited to some stupid Facebook group by some of my friends that said "Less than 24 hours to make history! Help the families of VT victims and email your senators telling them to vote against this bill that puts guns in the hands of criminals!" I tried to argue with them, but I was outnumbered about 100 to 1. They also said that terrorists love to come and buy guns at our gun shows. So, for those of you that will be at the big show in Chantilly in a couple weeks, be careful, Al-Queda might be there!!

MirkoCrocop

imported post

what I dont get is why so many people think there is a gunshow loophole. a private collection of a non-ffl dealer is still a private collection regardless if its sold in the confines of their property or at a place where many gun enthusiasts meet at the same time.

so what are they trying to say?just because an individual can view several different private collections in near proximity to each other that they are no longer private gun transactions between 2 people:cuss:even though no Other partiesare involved. I mean whatever happened to PREEMPTION!!!!:banghead:Its makes no SENSE!!! SHALL NOT INFRINGE AND FULL PREEMPTION HOLD NO WEIGHT TO THE POLICTICIANS WHATSOEVER. to them the constitution and the virginia constitution are just pieces of paper to wipe their... well you get what I mean.