Thread: We need to thank Senator Stolle

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

We need to thank Senator Stolle for his efforts to stop SB 1257 (Senator Marsh's gun show bill) from getting out of committee. Although it was not killed, Senator Stole stood up for our rights and was mentioned explicitly in the VCDL Alert that just came out.

From the VCDL Alert:
    Several Senators changed their vote from last year and voted by the narrowest of margins (8-7) to pass Senator Marsh's gun show bill, SB 1257, out of committee today. :-(

After Senator Marsh explained his bill to the committee, Marsh called the Secretary of Public Safety to speak on the bill's behalf. After the Secretary spoke, Senator Stolle grilled him and got the Secretary to admit that he had no data to back up his claim that Marsh's bill was needed to stop criminals from getting guns at gun shows.
    I was in the group that lobbied Senator Stolle's aide on Lobby Day, and we spent a good 15-20 minutes going over the details of why this bill was bad. Apparently, the message got passed on, and Senator Stolle indeed took our side today and should be thanked.

You can contact Senator Stolle via his Web site: http://www.kenstolle.com/Contact.htm

Find businesses that are pro gun...and those that aren't. Friend or Foe - Version 2 is online!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

bnkrazy wrote:
    We need to thank Senator Stolle for his efforts to stop SB 1257 (Senator Marsh's gun show bill) from getting out of committee. Although it was not killed, Senator Stole stood up for our rights and was mentioned explicitly in the VCDL Alert that just came out.

You can contact Senator Stolle via his Web site: http://www.kenstolle.com/Contact.htm
    Done.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Thank you e-mail sent.

Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Post imported post

E-mail sent.

Post imported post

He also voted to raise our taxes by wanting to raise the price of a background check.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I got this too: (red added by me)
    Re: Please OPPOSE HB 2136

Dear Ed:

Thank you for taking the time to email me on an issue that is dear to you. I value all emails I receive from my constituents and carefully consider your viewpoints especially when they inform me of legislation that affects Virginia's criminal justice system.

Anytime any individual, including the police, is given pure discretionary power to arrest an individual without any set of guidelines, opens the door to abuse.

Again, I appreciate hearing your views and invite you to contact me with issues that are of importance to you.

Sincerely,

David
    P.O. Box 406
    Richmond, Virginia 23218
    Phone: (804) 698-1032

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    I got this too: (red added by me)
    Re: Please OPPOSE HB 2136

Dear Ed:

Thank you for taking the time to email me on an issue that is dear to you. I value all emails I receive from my constituents and carefully consider your viewpoints especially when they inform me of legislation that affects Virginia's criminal justice system.

Anytime any individual, including the police, is given pure discretionary power to arrest an individual without any set of guidelines, opens the door to abuse.

Again, I appreciate hearing your views and invite you to contact me with issues that are of importance to you.

Sincerely,

David
    P.O. Box 406
    Richmond, Virginia 23218
    Phone: (804) 698-1032
    This has a big impact coming from a former LEO. Ken Stolle was VBPD.