• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We need to thank Senator Stolle

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

We need to thank Senator Stolle for his efforts to stop SB 1257 (Senator Marsh's gun show bill) from getting out of committee. Although it was not killed, Senator Stole stood up for our rights and was mentioned explicitly in the VCDL Alert that just came out.

From the VCDL Alert:
Several Senators changed their vote from last year and voted by the narrowest of margins (8-7) to pass Senator Marsh's gun show bill, SB 1257, out of committee today. :-(

After Senator Marsh explained his bill to the committee, Marsh called the Secretary of Public Safety to speak on the bill's behalf. After the Secretary spoke, Senator Stolle grilled him and got the Secretary to admit that he had no data to back up his claim that Marsh's bill was needed to stop criminals from getting guns at gun shows.

I was in the group that lobbied Senator Stolle's aide on Lobby Day, and we spent a good 15-20 minutes going over the details of why this bill was bad. Apparently, the message got passed on, and Senator Stolle indeed took our side today and should be thanked.

You can contact Senator Stolle via his Web site: http://www.kenstolle.com/Contact.htm

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

bnkrazy wrote:
We need to thank Senator Stolle for his efforts to stop SB 1257 (Senator Marsh's gun show bill) from getting out of committee. Although it was not killed, Senator Stole stood up for our rights and was mentioned explicitly in the VCDL Alert that just came out.

You can contact Senator Stolle via his Web site: http://www.kenstolle.com/Contact.htm
Done.

Yata hey

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

I got this too: (red added by me)
Re: Please OPPOSE HB 2136

Dear Ed:

Thank you for taking the time to email me on an issue that is dear to you. I value all emails I receive from my constituents and carefully consider your viewpoints especially when they inform me of legislation that affects Virginia's criminal justice system.

Anytime any individual, including the police, is given pure discretionary power to arrest an individual without any set of guidelines, opens the door to abuse.

Again, I appreciate hearing your views and invite you to contact me with issues that are of importance to you.

Sincerely,

David
P.O. Box 406
Richmond, Virginia 23218
Phone: (804) 698-1032

vbnative73

imported post

ed wrote:
I got this too: (red added by me)
Re: Please OPPOSE HB 2136

Dear Ed:

Thank you for taking the time to email me on an issue that is dear to you. I value all emails I receive from my constituents and carefully consider your viewpoints especially when they inform me of legislation that affects Virginia's criminal justice system.

Anytime any individual, including the police, is given pure discretionary power to arrest an individual without any set of guidelines, opens the door to abuse.

Again, I appreciate hearing your views and invite you to contact me with issues that are of importance to you.

Sincerely,

David
P.O. Box 406
Richmond, Virginia 23218
Phone: (804) 698-1032

This has a big impact coming from a former LEO. Ken Stolle was VBPD.